adopt

"Mom!" I ran downstairs, smiling widely as I held my notebook and phone in hand. "Mom!"

"What?" She called out, washing her hands after she just finished cleaning the dishes.

"Mom guess what!" I stopped right in front of her, Mom blinking her eyes dramatically as she put the towel on her shoulder.

"What?" She asked, putting her hands on her hips, waiting patiently.

"I got a babysitting job!" I squealed happily, shaking my phone and notebook, my feet stomping excitedly on the floor.

"Really?!" Her eyes widened, a smile as big as mine grew on her face. I nodded excitedly, my mom squealing as well before hugging me. We jumped around in laughter, hugging each other tightly as my dad walked in from the garage, very confused.

"What happened?" He asked, tossing his hat on the counter as he approached.

"I got my first babysitting job!" I exclaimed, my father gasping.

"Woohoo!" He hugged both my mother and I, all of us jumping around in excitement and joy.

Oh how sweet that day was for 13 year-old me.

Mrs. Kim called me that day, me her last attempt at getting a babysitter. She asked so kindly, explaining she only had one son, twins on the way. I agreed of course, my first job ever.

She picked me up and talked to me all the way there. Mrs. Kim explained how long her and Mr. Kim would be out and the bedtime for their son. She explained the bottle feeding and what to do with him. They had a mini kitchen built for him. She smiled when she said he practically lived there.

Jin was 1 when I first met him.

I instantly fell in love with him. How could I not? His chubby cheeks, adorable giggle and an even more charming smile. Mrs. Kim was right, he played in his little kitchen almost the whole time.

But the moment I remembered most was when Jin stumbled back into the living room after I put him to bed. I asked what was wrong of course, but he said nothing. He simply climbed onto the couch and snuggled up on my lap, clinging to my sweatshirt.

"Stay."

It was one word, but it has stuck with me everyday since then. I think he fell in love with me that day as well. He fell asleep on my lap as I watched the silent TV, subtitles on.

Mrs. and Mr. Kim was very happy with how happy Jin seemed. She told me most sitters just let him cry in his room. She mentioned something about how he was afraid of the dark.

They had twins, both boys.

Then they had another boy.

Another set of twins.

And finally, a single boy.

All were healthy babies, all delivered safely and without trouble to them or Mrs. Kim.

The Kims had seven, beautiful boys.

I was their babysitter ever since that first day I met Jin. I babysat them all and I watched them grow. Actually, I practically raised them.

Mrs. and Mr. Kim owned some companies in the States. I learned not to ask many questions with them. Bottom line, they were extremely wealthy. Their house and clothes and appliances were physical proof of this.

And sometimes, their attitudes too.

They were hardly home, always at meetings, at dinner with clients, sometimes overseas. I never once heard them tell the boys that they loved them.

I made sure I did.

I made sure they were tucked into bed. I made sure they got a goodnight kiss. I made sure they were all smiling before closing the door.

I was there when Mr. and Mrs. Kim wasn't.

I never broke anything. Almost six years of babysitting for them and I never broke anything.

But I dropped the vase of flowers I was carrying when I heard the news.

You see, the Kims weren't perfect. You'd think they were. Millionaires, beautiful house, beautiful kids, beautiful spouse.

But they only wanted one thing in this entire world. And they didn't get it.

A baby girl.

Mrs. Kim was pregnant and they found out about the baby's gender before birth this time. And it was a girl. They were happy, so, so happy.

But, the girl came with a price.

"You're putting the boys up for adoption?" I stared at her, the broken vase all around me. Mrs. Kim looked down at the shards and then back up at me, unbothered as she put in her earrings. "Y-You can't! Jin is six and has six brothers! There's no way they would stay together! They will all get separated!"

"We just want them gone." Mr. Kim shrugged, Mrs. Kim nodded as her husband handed her her coat.

"We only wanted a baby girl. Besides, seven boys is too much for us." Mrs. Kim put her coat on with the help of Mr. Kim. "And we won't be able to focus on our baby girl. You will understand when you're older, Misun."

I remember thinking, 'No, this can't be happening. These boys, I've practically raised-no. I have raised them. Jungkook called me 'mom' yesterday. And gosh, they can't be separated. They're brothers. This can't be happening.'

"We're heading off to the adoption center to get everything set up." Mrs. Kim waved over her shoulder. "Please pick up the vase you so kindly shattered. And unfortunately," she turned back to me, tears welling in my eyes as my hands shook. "We're going to have to fire you."

They turned to leave and something inside me sparked.

I'm turning 19 in two days. I'm at least ten years older than them. It would be legal.

"Wait!" I closed my eyes, the parents stopping to look at me. "I'll adopt them."

Mrs. Kim smiled.

I was 18 when I became the adoptive mother of seven boys.

The Kims were kind enough to leave their house to me, their land, and a million dollars to start out my life. They always did like me, and I guess their generosity really outshone this time.

I was a mom.

let's see how this one goes, hm?

this fic will be based off my previous fic "irresistible"

i will be writing this one by myself. some ideas may be used from that book, but other than that, everything here is original and mine.

best wishes <3