hotdogs

"Mom," Misun's hands were shaking as she held the phone up to her ear. "Can you guys come visit for a few days?"

"Of course Honey." Her mom had a frown in her voice, clear worry shining through. "What's wrong? You sound upset."

"Mom," Misun's lip quivered, covering her eyes as she sat on the Kim's- ... her, couch. "I adopted the boys."

Her mom hesitated. "What Sweetie? I don't think I heard you correctly."

"The Kims' boys... they were going to get rid of the kids and I, I adopted them." Tears felt hot against her cheeks, so much fear and uncertainty in her eyes, in her future, in her voice. "Can you please just come visit me. Please. I need you Mom."

"Okay, okay Honey we'll be there in a few hours, okay?" Mom took a deep breath, movement being heard from her side. "Just hold on okay? This will all be okay."

"Thank you Mom." Misun wiped my eyes, hearing small footsteps behind me. "I have to go."

"I love you Misun." Misun's mom made sure to say before either of them could hang up.

"I love you too." Misun sniffed and hung up, wiping her eyes as Jimin walked around the couch. "Hey Buddy, what's up?"

"I-I woke up." Jimin walked over to her, his yellow blanket dragging on the floor beside him. "Mimi, were you crying?"

"No Honey." Misun picked up Jimin, setting him on her lap. She rubbed his back as he hugged his blanket, his head on her chest.

"Who were you talking to? On your phone?" Jimin kept asking, hearing much more than Misun thinks.

"My Mom." Misun explained gently, slowly rubbing his back up and down, the Kims at a winery with their friends instead of the adoption center. "I missed her."

"Mimi?" Jimin asked, resting his little hand on her shoulder. "Are you my mom?"

Misun stayed quiet, not knowing how to answer this particular question. Technically, yes. But she didn't want to force anything onto the boys. She wasn't even 20 yet. How could any of this make sense to anyone?

"Aren't you tired Jimin?" Misun stood up, carrying Jimin as she made her way back to his shared room. "How about we nap for just a little while longer?"

"Can, can you stay with me, please?" Jimin asked, leaning back from her so he could lock eyes with her.

And Misun saw, worry?

"Of course I can Jimin." Misun kissed his cheek, slowly opening the door to Taehyung and Jimin's room.

She laid beside Jimin in his bed, the three year old snuggling close to her. Misun stared up at the ceiling as Jimin fell asleep beside her. She rubbed his back, his yellow blanket separating the two bodies.

"Mimi?" Taehyung whispered, standing up from the floor. He had fallen asleep on his racetrack mat with his toys. Misun didn't have the heart to remove him from his toys. "What are you doing in my bed?"

"Jimin wanted me to hang out with him." Misun smiled over at Taehyung, running her hand through his hair. "Come join us. You can still nap for a little while."

"You're on my side." Taehyung narrowed his eyes at Misun, Misun smiling.

"That sucks." Misun opened her arm out for Taehyung. "You can squeeze."

Taehyung sighed and jumped onto the bed, Misun trying to keep her giggles quiet as Taehyung decided he wanted to sleep on top of her, curling into a ball on her stomach. "Mimi?"

"Hm?" Misun rubbed both boys' backs, knowing how much they loved that.

"Will you make me hotdogs for dinner?"

Misun smiled, looking up at the ceiling again. "Cut like an octopus?"

Taehyung grinned.

"Yes please."