Chariot Arguments

Achlys's POV:
After the Cyclops came to camp, I rarely left my cabin anymore. The only exceptions were meals and training.

It was breakfast time when Tantalus made his announcement.

"I have an announcement. Chariot races will be taking place next Wednesday!" He shouted. Murmuring exploded throughout the pavilion. Some nervous, some excited, and some confused.

He continued, "Now, I know that the last race had some.. er, accidents-" "Three deaths and twenty-six mutilations!" Someone from the Apollo table shouted, also cutting off Tantalus in the process.

"Yes, well, I'm sure that you will all be fine." Tantalus finished, now sounding annoyed.

"The winning charioteers will be given golden laurels as a reward," He added, but that wasn't even the end of it. The next part sent a jolt of excitement through everyone.

"And did I mention that the winning cabin won't have any chores for a month?" He said in a fake questioning tone.

Everyone was excited about that part except for me. I couldn't even participate due to me being the only child of Hades at camp. Annabeth must have seen my face somehow because she walked up to me and sat across from me.

"You can join my team if you'd like." She offered, grabbing a cracker from one of the plates.

"Who all is on your team?" I questioned, also grabbing a cracker.

"It's just me and Per-" I didn't let her finish before I quickly and firmly said: "No." she tried convincing me but to no avail, and eventually went back to the Athena table.

Once breakfast was over, I immediately darted to my cabin before anybody had the chance to stop me. I heard the cyclops call my name for some reason I didn't care about and that only made me run faster.

Annabeth's POV:
As soon as breakfast ended, I watched as Achlys rushed out of the pavilion and right to her cabin, at one point Tyson called out to her, only resulting in her bee lining for the Hades cabin.

Me and Percy wondered down to the beach to work on the designs for our chariot when an argument sparked about how it should be designed.

"We're not putting waves on the sides!" I shouted at Percy, standing up. He copied my actions.

"Then I guess I should just go team up with Tyson! At least he isn't a stuck-up bitch!" Percy shouted back, stomping off.

I stood there for a second, taking in his last words before rushing off to Achlys's cabin, she was the only one I felt comfortable crying around and I knew she could help me calm down.

Yes, I know that I shouldn't be taking his words to heart but when you get shouted at by your best friend, it does something.

Once I reached her cabin, I knocked on the door and heard a faint "Come in", before I pushed open the door. As soon she saw my face, she immediately gestured me over and had me explain why I was crying.

By the time I was done explaining, Achlys was 𝘓𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘥. Her eyes were pure black and there was a five foot tall Greek fire in her hand. "I'm going to beat his ass." She stated, beginning the stand up.

I pulled her back down and she immediately calmed down. The flame extinguished and her eyes went back to the brown eyes that I adored.

I was crying even harder now and she held out her arms, inviting me to sit on her lap.

I crawled into her arms and she wrapped them around me, I buried my face in her chest while she ran her hand through my blonde hair while humming "Cant Help Falling In Love," why she picked that song, I'm not sure.

I eventually calmed down, but I stayed in her arms. We stayed like that till dinner. I stood up and she informed me that she would not be attending, for Percy's sake.

I nodded and wished her a goodnight, which she returned, and left the Hades cabin.