Chapter 16-I'm Trying

Fred P.O.V

A couple weeks later was the first task and I was searching for Abby, we hadn't hung out much ever since that day at the lake, she'd seemed so distant when she had left with her brother like something had happened.

But, now I couldn't find her anywhere.

"Georgie!" I called out to my brother we were collecting bets from students in boxes for the winner of the first round.

"Yeah Freddie?" He called to me.

"Can you take my box, I'm trying to find Abby," I said nearing him pausing to take the bet of a third year.

"Yeah sure hand it over," George took my box and I thanked him and left him to go find Abby.

I saw her brunette friend the one who hadn't passed on my first message of asking her out and I considered asking her where Abby was but I decided against it.

Eventually I found her in the front of the stands sitting in the front row of a Slytherin filled area.

"Hey love," I say hugging her from behind kissing her on the cheek to see that she was extremely unamused.

"Whats wrong?" I ask her.

"Nothing, why are you over here?" She asked me looking at me with an almost scornful look on her face.

"You're my girlfriend, I wanted to see where you were," I laughed. "Am I not allowed to?"

"Yeah you're allowed to I guess," she said turning her attention back towards the arena.

"Can we talk after the match?" I ask her.

"Yeah, sure whatever," Abby said nonchalantly dismissing me.

I laughed to myself in disbelief and then left Abby sitting there without me and went to find a seat with George and Lee Jordan.

"Did you find her?" George asked me when I sat down.

"Yeah."

"Where is she then?" He wondered.

"Sitting over in the snake den," I said distastefully.

"Did something happen?" Lee Jordan asked.

"It doesn't matter," I told him.

"Are you sure I mean you can tell us-"

"I said it doesn't matter alright? Now just forget it!"

"Alright, alright, guess Malfoy crawled up your arse and died," George said rolling his eyes.

The match lasted an hour I cheered for Harry only, I wished Krum and 'Pretty Boy' Diggory to get eaten by the dragon.

Soon as we were leaving the stadium I told George and Lee Jordan that I would meet up with them back in the common room so I could go find Abby.

Abby sat by the lake on the dock, the spot we'd always go to speak about anything.

"Hey," I said approaching her.

"Hi," she replied not looking at me.

"Can we talk?" I asked her.

"Obviously, thats what you said before and I already answered it right? So talk," She nearly growled at me a scowl on her face.

"What's your problem? You've been distant ever since we were on this dock the last time, what happened when your brother came to get you?"

I was so fed up from the way she was talking to me that I couldn't hold it in anymore.