[𝚝𝚠𝚘] 𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚐𝚘 (𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝)

A/N: We're cranking up that tension, besties! Enjoy!

Then I'll use that voice that you find annoying
And say something like
"Yeah, intelligent input, darling
Why don't you just have another beer then?"

Then you'll call me a bitch
And everyone we're with will be embarrassed
And I won't give a shit
- Kate Nash, "Foundations"

She sits perched at the kitchen table going over her lines. She almost has them memorized, but the dialogue is strange. It feels manufactured and unnatural whenever she says Pam's lines out loud. Jim's are fine, a reflection of Hollywood's focus on men rather than women. She's used to this and doing workarounds to make the dialogue sound more natural. Most writers aren't even on set anyway, so she can get away with improvising a little to make the line fall more naturally.

But she can't figure out a way around this. It's partially the '60s slang, it's not used properly, and there's too much of it. It's one of the reasons why she wanted to rehearse with Bucky, to figure this out. Bucky is smart. He can act his way around some of the worst writing in the world. She doesn't like to give him too much credit, but he's got technique.

Suddenly, she's accosted by the sound of someone knocking on her door at 8:30am. Audrey woke up hungover, before her alarm, but decided to get up, take a shower, and get moving. Her head is pounding, but coffee helps.

Bucky is supposed to come over today, but she didn't think he would be this fucking early.

She didn't think he'd show up at all. Audrey knows the risks of this kind of gesture. She expected a phone call telling her to fuck off, but it never came.

She downs the rest of her coffee and scratches her cat, Alpine, under the chin.

"Who the hell's at our door? Hmm? Should we kill them?"

Alpine purrs.

"Yeah, we should kill them, huh?"

Alpine meows softly and follows her into the foyer. She opens the door to find Scott Lang standing in front of her. Her eyes widen.

"Hey."

"Hey, I gotta show you something."

"This couldn't be a phone call?" She asks.

She's grouchy in the mornings, and its worse after a bunch of vodka the night before.

"What, you're not happy to see me?"

"You know that's not true, Scotty."

He grins.

"I was in the area. Dropping Cassie off at her mom's — Nice hair, by the way!"