chapter 1 - a taste

"Good morning, sailor- or should I say, pirate?"

"Captain to you, miss- BLOODY H-!"

Jack jumped up, pulling his hat on his head and drawing his pistol, pointing it at the young woman who stood before him covered in nothing but her long hair covering her breasts and his coat wrapped around her waist.

"Why are you violating my pristine leather?"

"Now that's definitely one way to greet a lady," the siren snorted, using one finger to lower the point of his gun to the ground.

Jack's lips fell slightly open, "siren?" he guessed, his eye twitching at the fact she stole his coat. The perfect pitch of every word and unnervingly smooth voice was easy to tell her kind despite her beautiful features and glossy hair.

She nodded and held out her pale hand in greeting, which he ignored. She let her arm fall like a rag doll's, "Florence, and who may you be, Captain?" she flashed him a toothy grin, canines gently bared.

He seemed pleased with the title and said, " Captain Jack Sparrow, what is a siren doing on my ship?"

a giggle.

She placed her long fingers over her plush lips, showcasing her almond-shaped nails.

"I didn't know that pirates commandeered islands now." Florence tilted her head at his reaction.

Jack looked around, picking up a handful of sand and sifting it through his fingers. The two of them stood on the shores of a small island. A group of trees in the middle with many wild plants on the forest floor. Sea shells in a rainbow of pastels and deep obsidian black littered the beach.

Jack looked back at the siren who had transformed her legs back into a single glittering pink tail and layed with the waves lapping at her dimpled lower back.

"My crew! The Pearl!" he shouted.

"Pardon?"

"My ship! I was mutinied!"

"Lucky for you, a bootlegger's path crosses this island." Florence flopped her tail, splashing Jack slightly. Jack narrowed his eyes at the girl, "why are you here?"

"Well," she rested her cheek against the palm of her hand, " I wassss going to eat you, but as I got closer, you started mumbling something about a bloody barbossa or something..." she trailed off before continuing thoughtfully, "is that like a bloody mary, just with rum?" she blinked at him in curiosity. He burst out laughing, she sat and stared with a light smile, her eyes burning with curiosity for this man- pirate.

"Maybe it should be;" Jack cut his own laughter off, scanning the horizon of the sea, "he was my first mate."

"Oh," she frowned.