001. pilot

a boy with black curly hair sat on a towel at the beach

a boy with black curly hair sat on a towel at the beach. he listened to the waves that crashed just a few feet away from him as he sketched in his composition notebook with barely anything on his mind. all he could focus on was his sketch and the sounds surrounding him.

he didn't know why the beach brought him so much comfort. maybe it was the sound the waves made when they crash against each other or the laughs from children playing in the water.

being there made him feel happy inside.

as he sketched, he felt someone's presence next to him, but he was too nervous to look over.

who was it? why are they sitting next to him? oh god, are they staring? he should stop sketching. but this is due tomorrow! what if—

"sorry if i randomly just sat next to you. i noticed you were drawing something, is it okay if i watch?" the voice spoke.

he didn't say anything, he didn't even turn to look at them. all he did was nod and continued to sketch his piece.

"not much of a talker?" the voice asked.

again, he didn't say anything. he just shook his head and continued on his sketch.

"well, is it okay if i talk?"

he nodded.

he likes listening to people talk, but not a lot of people have talked to him willingly, maybe he can gain a friend.

"i'm clementine. but, you can call me clem." clementine spoke, "is it okay if you tell me your name?"

the boy could hear the smile in clementine's voice. she sounded pretty, her voice was like music to his ears, he could listen to her talk for hours.

he turned a page in his notebook, writing 'denzel' on one of the lines.

"oh, your name's denzel? it sounds really pretty. i've never met anyone with that name. it's unique."

to denzel, that sounded sarcastic, but clementine was being genuine. he began to write more things down in his sketchbook, maybe this can be his way of communicating until he gains the courage to talk to her.

'why are you speaking to me?'

"would you like to be alone? i'm sorry, it got kind of lonely and i noticed that you were lonely so i decided to join you. but i can leave if—"

denzel put his hand on her shoulder. he didn't want her to leave, he appreciated the company.

'what do you think of the beach?'

"i think the beach is beautiful. but, i've never been on this side of town before, i should come here more often. how far do you live from here?" clementine asked, waiting for denzel to write his answer onto the page.

'not that far. just a few blocks. you?'

"i don't live very far either. but i should probably get going, the town gets weird once it gets dark." clementine stated, shrugging slightly.

'is it okay if i walk you home? it does get weird around these parts, i just want to make sure you are safe.'

"i don't mind it! this gives me the opportunity to get to know you more." she smiled, standing up as she dusted herself off.

offering denzel a hand to help him up, she noticed him looking at the hand awkwardly, not knowing if he should take it or not.

"my hand won't wait around forever, you know." she giggled, causing denzel to take her hand before he dusted himself off. "let me tell you about myself and maybe, you can tell me more about you when you get the chance."

AUTHOR SPEAKS !FIRST CHAPTER LETS GOOO

AUTHOR SPEAKS !
FIRST CHAPTER LETS GOOO