011. a rainy morning

the next morning, denzel woke up to the sounds of little thuds of rain crashing onto the roof

the next morning, denzel woke up to the sounds of little thuds of rain crashing onto the roof. clementine was still sleeping peacefully on his chest with her arms still wrapped around him. he began to play with her hair as he looked over towards saturn, who was playing in the cat tree.

he felt relaxed; he opened up to clementine for the first time last night, it was raining, his cat was calm, his best friend is sleeping over, and life just felt good at that moment.

he stared at the ceiling, just thinking about things that would randomly pop into his mind.

if he was never at the beach that day, he wouldn't have met clementine. if he never met clementine, he wouldn't have a friend looking out for him.

why did clementine approach him, anyway? he didn't look very interesting. she did say she noticed that he was drawing, but was that the only reason?

many thoughts filled his head, but it didn't bother him too much, it helped pass the time.

since it was pouring outside, he began to push all of those thoughts aside and focused on what to do indoors. he's barely home, so he doesn't know what people do at home other than watch movies and clean.

maybe they could bake together? baking's pretty fun, but what would they do after that?

man, making plans is hard.

he began to hum a song that had been stuck on his head ever since the day he and clementine made plans together for the first time.

something that denzel never tells people, is that he matches people's faces with songs that he liked. he didn't know why, but he enjoyed it. though, he felt that if he told someone that, they'd think he was odd.

a quiet groan from clementine snapped him out of his thoughts, she lifted her arm to rub her eyes before lifting her head to look around.

"good morning." she spoke, her voice sounding raspy.

"morning. how was your sleep?"

"honestly, that was the best sleep i've had in a long time."

"the best?"

"yeah, i never really got that much sleep back at home." clementine replied, rolling towards the space next to him, laying onto her back. "don't know why, maybe it's just your room, it brings me comfort."

"does it?"

"i'd say so."

the two stayed silent as they stared at the ceiling, getting lost within their own thoughts. the silence was comfortable, it wasn't awkward or unpleasant.

denzel sat up, looking towards the cat tree. he searched for his cat, who he found sleeping peacefully on one of the levels of the cat tree.

"what are we going to do today?" clementine asked, breaking the silence. she sat up before attempting to fix her messy hair.

"i was thinking we could make cookies and just relax or something..? it's raining, we can't do much."

"dude, i love the rain. i might go on a walk in it."

"in the rain..?"

"yeah, do you wanna come?—i don't use umbrellas majority of the time but if you want to use one then go for it."

"sure. now, we have two options at the moment; get up and make cookies or stay in bed for a little then make cookies later."

"not gonna lie, i kinda wanna get up, but it's your call."

denzel didn't say anything in response, he just slid off of the bed and made his way towards the door, waiting for clementine to follow his actions.

once the two made their way towards the kitchen, denzel immediately began to look for baking trays and parchment paper.

"do you want me to look for ingredients?" clementine asked, watching her best friend struggle searching.

"yeah, that'd be great, thanks."

AUTHOR SPEAKS !sorry there's no baking in this chapter LOLOL

AUTHOR SPEAKS !
sorry there's no baking in this chapter LOLOL