016. april showers

a bit of time passes, it is now mid april

it should be clear by now that denzel had feelings for clementine, now, he finally wants to do something about it.

the whole day, he went around different stores, looking for materials to make tonight perfect. he wanted everything to go smoothly and make everything perfect for clementine.

he was nervous, yes. but he wanted to finally try.

everything was set up at the beach; he set up a little tent that had pillows and blankets piled in one corner, different types of snacks in a different pile next to it, and a few books he think she'd like.

setting it up took hours, but he wanted everything to be perfect.

in the evening, clementine showed up, a confused expression on her face. "what's this?" she giggled.

"i- well- oops."

smooth.

"did you forget how to speak again or..?" she teased.

even though he sees her almost every day, he always seems to miss her voice.

"no! sorry, kinda jittery."

"well, it is cold out here. do you need my spare jacket?"

"that'd be cool, thanks."

as clementine handed denzel the jacket, she approached the tent, admiring how pretty the lights were.

the lights weren't anything special, but she finds even the simplest things, beautiful.

"can i sit in here or..?

"oh, yeah. sorry, i set this up because i figured—why not just watch the sunset tonight?" he lied.