I

How the hell did I make it out of that house alive? I'm questioning it my own damn self.  Jonah despite what he said came back for me. The last thing I remember was  the basement door opening and everything going black. Now I'm in the "our" car, absolutely dumbstrucked. What the fuck happened.

We were driving on the highway. Jonah has yet to notice I'm awake. Or is choosing to ignore me. I mean I kinda deserve it for thinking so irrationally and almost possibly getting myself killed.

"Jonah." My voice sounds kinda scratchy. I cringe at the sound of it.

"Oh shit you're awake! I was so fucking worried dude. Never scare me like that again." He looks at me for a brief moment.

"What happened?" My head is fucking aching like crazy. I turn my head to look at him. "All honesty I don't really know. I remember running down to the basement. And finding you passed out the floor, I immediately freaked out and the stupid box tv playing extremely loud static didn't help."

He gets off the highway before ignoring every car safety law ever and looks at me. "I had to carry your lanky ass up the stairs, also when I got a good look at you, you had a huge cut on your eye."

I sat up a bit, "What?" I pull down the sunvisor and look at the mirror. There was a large healing cut coming from above my eyebrow all the way down to my cheek.

"Holy shit." I wince a bit as I touch it.

"Don't touch it dumbass," he elbows me. "First of all, you're not even supposed to drive Jonah."

"All because I failed the test doesn't mean I can't drive. Plus I saved your life dude." He responds quickly.

"That's exactly what it means Jonah." I look away from him before mumbling. "Thank you."

"There's no need to thank me. I couldn't let you die in there. I love you man, I don't know what I would've done if I had lost you."

"Don't get all mushy on me now." I look at him. "It's true! Plus I know you love it." He grins.

"I don't love it."

"Yeah you do."

"... Okay maybe a little."

Jonah gasps dramatically. "Adam Murray agrees that he loves when I get sappy! This is a great moment in history."

I roll my eyes, "oh my god shut up."

"Whatever moody. I say we treat ourselves to an expensive dinner for not dying." He suggests.

"What do you have in mind?"

"Pizza." He laughs. "Anyway I guess I have to be the designated driver from now on. Since your eyes all fucked."

"I actually can still see pretty well, but you're right. It might be best if you drive." Can't believe I just said that.

We keep driving in a comfortable silence as I keep trying to collect my thoughts. "Hey uh Adam.. Just to get serious for a moment. Do you wanna talk about what happened? You don't gotta if you don't want to."

"Maybe not right now. But I appreciate it, Jonah." I respond.

"Just wanted to make sure you were okay." He pulls into a spot in front of a pizza shop. We walk inside and Jonah orders for us as I sit down at a table.

He walks over with two slices of pizza and a coke. "Coke? Why not  Pepsi?" I ask.

"Coke's better." He sits taking a bite out of his slice. I roll my eyes. "Bullshit Pepsi is the superior."

"Of course YOU would think that."

"Excuse me? What's that supposed to mean?" I raise a brow getting annoyed.

"Oh nothing. I just think it's hot when you're all worked up." He grins. I kick him from under the table. My face kinda heats up, "Gross dude."

"OW! I'm just messing around!" He laughs, "hehe your blushing Adam~"

I kick him again harder. "FUCK I'm sorry please stop kicking me." I smile a bit while eating my pizza.

After how stressful being in that house was, it's nice for us to go back to how we were before. (Absolute idiots)

We finish our pizza and we walk out to the car. "I'm thinking we sleep in a mall parking lot tonight, tomorrow we can go to said mall and hang out." He suggests.

I shrug. "I'm down."

He smiles, "Cool." He gets in the driver's seat and starts the car. I get in as well resting my head against the window.

"Does Mandela County even have any malls?" He says while driving. "Dunno probably."

"To be honest I just wanna get high and call it a night." He admits.

"Let's just sleep on the side of the road then."

He agrees before parking on the side of the road and climbing in the back seat. I followed not long after. He pulls out a plastic bag that has a rolled up blunt. Before lighting it.

He lays his head on my shoulder and we spend the next few minutes passing it back and forth as we talk about what happened over the past few days.

He coughs before we change positions with him just laying on me. "Your hella comfy Adam."

"Thanks?" I yawn, shutting my eyes.

"You know, I really meant it when I said I love you."

Yep he's high. "Did you?"

"Mhm, I really really love you Adam a lot."

I hum in response. "I'm really really tired."

"You're not gonna say it backkkk!" He whines jokingly.

"Nope I'm going to sleep" I smile.

He sighs moving off me. I laugh a bit before turning on my side to make space. (JUST ASSUME THE BACK SEAT HAS ENOUGH SPACE TO HAVE TWO PEOPLE LAYING DOWN) 

"I love you Jonah."

I hear him laugh. "I know dude." I smile before I fall asleep.

First Character done I was really excited to write this I promise to update this soon 😭