1 - Death Day

Max POV - June 9, 2012

I woke up, just like everyday before, but something felt different about this one. Once I looked in the mirror, I realized: My expiration date has been shown. 20062012. 'Oh no, no, no. I can't die in 11 days. The flock needs me, I need them and after all I still want to live! Deep breaths, Max, deep breaths.' I started panicking, thinking of every outcome that can happen without me to help them, but then I came up with a brilliant idea. I knew that if it turned out wrong then it would have devastating consequences, however, I wanted to do anything to be able to stay with the flock just a little longer.

I put a smilie on my face and continued with the day like usual as if I did not get the worst news of my life seconds ago. Chilling with the Flock members: Angel, Gazzy, Nudge, Iggy and Fang, taking away explosives from Iggy and Gazzy, listening Nudge rant about fashion magazines that she bought at the local store, and spend quality time with Fang and Angel. And I did this knowing that in 11 days I will die and they will continue living without me. I know they'll be okay without me, because I taught them everything I know and gave them all the love I had, even though its not much. Hopefully, my brilliant idea will have a positive outcome.

Max POV - June 12, 2012

I woke up to find a very silent house. The alarm clock showed 10:13, usually at this time all the kids are moving, yelling and cooking breakfast noisily, so something was very very wrong. I started worrying that maybe Ari and the rest of the Erasers found them, but I discarded that thought. 'There is no proof that that might have happen and plus: they probably would have found me sleeping and taken me too.' I tried calming myself down. I carefully climbed out of my bed, wore my usual clothes: a tank top and ripped jeans. I started to tie my  uncombed hair into a ponytail, but then I remembered: the expiration date on the back of my neck. Just 8 harmless numbers that I hated so fucking much.

I quickly removed the thought from my head and put up the mind blocks so that Angel wouldn't know about the expiration date. I put my hair down and went downstairs. The flock was sitting on the couch, which was really weird cause they are usually running around. Nudge was crying which was ver unusual of her.
'What's happening?' I tried to ask Angel via thoughts. Since I knew she would give me the answers I needed.

'Don't you see? We figured out your dirty little secret. And now you have to go!' Angel spoke into my head with a satisfied voice. 'Oh, I see what is happening.' I thought to myself, 'Angel is either using mind control on them or they snooped around the computer. I really hope that its the latter.' But sensing Angel's suspiciously satisfied voice, my hopes were crushed.

"So, Max." Fang said, disgusted. "For how long have you been developing expiration dates with the School? Huh?" Glaring at me, like how he did at people when he wanted them to be scare shitless.

"What do you mean Fang? You know I would never betray anyone in this room like that!"

"Oh, REALLY! Then what about the evidence we have found on YOUR computer? The messages about expiry dates between YOU AND JEB? " Nudge screamed. It was so out character for her to be screaming at me, anyone in general.

"What do you mean? I didn't do anything to endanger the flock, if that's what you mean!" Then I remembered series of emails.

Flashback - June 10, 2012