5 - guess how long we last without getting in trouble

Max POV - June 13, 2012

I was eating my meal in silence, across from Fang. 'Did he really expect me to tell him that? I didn't even have the time to!!!' I scoffed under my breath.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Asked Fang seriously after finishing his meal. He was looking dead in the my eyes. It would have been unnerving for other people but not for me.

"I told you I forgot." I answered annoyed at the fact that I had to repeat myself. "That is why I contacted Jeb in the first place." I continued explaining, "I—"

"Wait!" Fang cut me off. "I thought they made it up? That you cannot contacted Jeb." Fang asked furrowing his eyebrows.

I sighed, massaging the bridge of my nose. 'Why does he keep interrupting? I can't explain if I can't talk.' I thought. Dropping my hand away from my face, I voiced my thoughts out. Fang stayed quiet, showing that he understood. Then I started talking, "So listen. Two days before we got kicked out, I got my expiration date. I  panicked....and decided to ask Jeb to see if they were removable. The answer was obviously no because if it wasn't then I wouldn't have a date on the back of my neck. Two days later the flock kick me out because apparently our dear family decided to open the computer and viola!" I paused and gestured my hands around me, "We are on our way to England. Any questions?"

"Yeah." Said Fang, still trying to process the information. "Why did they think that you were helping the School with experimentation?"

"Oh yeah about that..." I replied, grimacing and scathing the top of my head. "I may or may not have added a clearance to the emails." Seeing his expression, I quickly continued, "Well since I was contacting Jeb out of all people and you know," I paused. "we aren't exactly...talking...or on the same side for the matter. So I had to take precautions."

"How did—" Fang started to say but stopped. "You know what? I'm not even going to ask how." Just as we collected our stuff and started to exit the McDonalds, a group of male models walked in. Immediately I was on guard. I looked over to Fang to see if he noticed.

"Do you think...?" I said trailing off, knowing full well that he'll understand.

"I don't know. These may be new ones..." Fang replied pausing slightly, "They create them quite often cause they die quickly." The group was talking in hushed voices, looking around as if they are looking for something........or rather someone. When the guy with long blonde hair noticed us looking at them cautiously, he told the leader, a guy with wavy black hair and reddish eyes, and they started to move towards us quickly.

'Weird.' I thought, 'Since when is red an eye color?'  "That's our answer. Let's go before they come any closer." I started to go the other way looking for any other exits, Fang following close behind. Looking around I noticed that there was only one exit, which was located on the other side of the McDonalds—the door through which the group came in.

"There is nowhere to go." Said Fang noticing the same thing.

"There is no way we are going back to the School." I said quietly but fiercely. "Remember how we escaped from the McDonalds near the Institute?" I continued, a plan formulating in my head.

"Yeah. Through the kitchen backdoor. But how are we going to get into the kitchen?" Fang asked, looking back. The group was already almost near us.

"We create a distraction." I answered vaguely. The McDonalds was packed with people since it was lunch break and the workers nearby popped in to get some food. 'The more people the better effect.' I thought. I walked up to one of the McDonalds' workers and started to cry.

"We are busy right—" The woman paused looking at me, "What's wrong dear?" She asked me softly.

"D-do you see t-the G-gr-group of m-men over there?" I stuttered quietly, pointing to the Erasers that were trying to reach us through the crowd.

"Yeah, what about them?"

"Th-they were following us w-when w-we were out-outside." I paused to sniff, "We c-came here to getaway f-from them. Th-they found us ag-again."

"Okay." Said the woman softly wiping my tears with her hand. "Who is we?"

"My br-brother." I answered, pointing towards Fang, who was coming towards me.

"We were hoping you could help us get away because the exit is on the other side and..." Fang said in a small voice, copying my actions. "We are scared, case if we get caught....." Fang looked down to hide his growing smirk.

On the inside I was laughing so hard. 'Are people always this gullible or does our performance deserved an Oscar?'

"Okay dearies," Said the woman looking back at the group that was nearing us, "Follow me." She took us by our hands and started towards the kitchen door. Some other employee tried to stop her but a quick explanation and we were walking through the kitchen and towards the back exit. The waitress let us out of the building and told us to go home quickly and not to get into trouble.

But it doesn't matter how quick we run or how fast we hide, trouble always finds us. Even in the most unexpected times.

Word count: 953

Author Note:
Sorry I haven't been writing lately. This is a short update. I might come back and edit it again. But for now, byeeee!