2 - Peace

Max POV - June 13, 2012
'Thoughts'

I was flying across America toward Europe at a normal speed. I knew I couldn't stay in America for 2 reasons. (1)We have been everywhere and know every nook and cranny, meaning we can bump into each other very easily and (2) I can't bear the pain of being in the same country as the them. 'I needed to fly somewhere faraway, where no one from the flock will find me.' I thought. 'Maybe, some Asian country? Nah, I don't know Korean or Chinese or any other Asian language. Or Dubai? Yeah, Dubai sounds good! The weather is nice there for my wings and they talk anguish there.'

'United Kingdom.' Stated the voice.

'Finally! The first time you suggested something useful at the right time!' I thought with sass that I never knew I had. I honestly was amazed. When it came to decisions like this the voice always was quiet. 'What changed?' I thought in a joking manner.

'Nothing, I make suggestions when I feel the need to.'' Thought the voice bluntly as if he has bored out of its mind.

'Really?' I thought in disbelieve. 'Anyways, why England? It's close to America.' The voice didn't reply anything back. 'Wow. So you tell me where to go but not why.' I thought sarcastically. "What a jerk." I muttered under my breath.

'I'm going to pretend you did not just say that.'

"What a jerk!" I practically shouted, just to annoy him. The voice decided to ignore me this time. I continued flying and contemplating life. I noticed that over these hours, after I left the Flock, I changed. Maybe for the better, maybe be for the worst, but I changed. I am more bold now and sassy. I like it.

~ some time later in the day ~

I knew I had to stop sometime soon since I was getting tired already and the sun was starting to set. Underneath me was a vast forest, probably in Nebraska. 'Wow, from Oregon to Nebraska in one day! That's an achievement. Maybe I can find a tree to sleep in tonight.' I thought drowsily, 'Yeah, that sounds good, sleep.' I flew down into the trees and landed on the first sturdy tree that I saw. That was literally every tree in this goddamn forest. It was an oak tree, the biggest one in the forest I'd say. When I started falling asleep, the sun had set.

Suddenly, I heard a whoosh above the trees and a dark figure swooped right above my head. I was startled and jumped up from my tree and into the air to make sure it isn't an eraser. I notice that the figure itself was dark had with wings that were almost black. At that moment it came to me — that is definitely not an eraser. I sighed, 'I can't deal with this again.' I was annoyed that Fang had the audacity to follow me. Fang noticed my looming figure in the sky and flew up to me.

I couldn't face him so I did what I do best — run away. I flew down into the trees to grab my bag and started flying through the trees at my fastest sonic speed. Surprisingly, Fang was able to fly as fast as me maybe even faster. 'Sooner or later he would've caught up to me' I started to think strategically, 'But how is he doing this? I am the only one from the Flock with sonic speed' So not to waste energy I just stopped, landed and waited for him to do whatever he came to do.

"Max,  I— "

"What do you want?" I said curtly, trying to keep my anger out of my words. Inside, I was seething. Who does he think he is? To accuse me of helping the school? And then fly after me?

"Please, Max, just let me explain?" Started Fang again.

"What is there to explain? I was making expiration dates with the School and wanted to kill every each one of you."