Chapter Eight ☆★

♥︎★★★★★★★♥︎

Standing next to Zayn was a guy looking very much alike to Magnus, except he had jade red hair and dark skin. His pointed ear was decorated with several piercings so also his lip and left eye brow edge.
I didn't know when Magnus started walking, but I found myself following him.
We barely reached the two when he barked out angrily.
"What are you doing here Ace" Magnus asked his face fuming with anger

"Hello little brother" the person who I assumed to be Ace replied, his voice laced with hatred and amusement.
"I'm not your little brother, now what do you want with me, you are not allowed to be here" Magnus growled, honestly it took all my will power to not flinch at his voice.

"I know Mag, just wanted to see your slayn, to be fair I expected more" he replied eyeing me with his stale red eyes

I listened intently as his attention moved back to the now fuming Magnus. Well I tried to actually, I could feel Zayn's gaze burning a hole in my face as I averted his gaze.
But before I knew it my eyes met his Windsor gaze and it felt like as if the whole world stopped, his scowled face softened maybe even too fast revealing a more peaceful and entranced look, the look in his eyes made me think twice was this the same pair that killed me, was it the same pair that poured out his heartfelt anger to my face on that lonely night, was he the same person that inflicted pain, the same person that ridiculed me, that made me feel thousand more worse pain from when my parents died. No! I wouldn't believe it, this wasn't him, he was the reason I didn't have Axel right here with me, he was the reason I cried my heart out. Before I could do anything, he said one word, and that one word sent me running, I didn't know where though all I knew was that I needed to run, no matter where I ended. I still heard his voice barreling through the wind as I ran. It couldn't be.
Mine
It never would be

----------------------------------------/
3rd persons p.o.v

Ace and Magnus immediately stopped their bickering as Phoenix ran away with Zayn unconsciously trailing behind her. Ace told his army to leave for he was going to be busy. After that he followed Magnus on the same path that Zayn followed.
"Shit I can't believe they are werewolves" Ace said still running behind Magnus.

"Shut up a-hole, they are not actually werewolves, if you took slayn guiding seriously you would know" Magnus retorted

Before Ace could answer they entered a clearing by the river, Zayn was making his way slowly to Phoenix who did not know that he was behind her.

Phoenix's p.o.v

I heard shuffling behind me and before I could turn a pair of arms flew over me holding me in place so that I couldn't move. I tried to budge out of the grasp but it wasn't working. Helpless as I was, I let streams of tears flow down my cheeks as I sobbed and balled my eyes out. The person holding me who now I knew was Zayn. I recognized his voice as he soothed me while rubbing small circles on my arm. And he smelt differently, he smelt like strawberries, like actual strawberries.

"I'm sorry Phoenix" he finally said, I hurt you so bad and I separated you from your family. I don't know what was happening to me at that time but right now I love you with all my Heart.

He released me so I could turn to see he is face, he was crying

He.

Was.

Actually.

Crying.

For.......me, me.

I was dumbfounded, I didn't want to believe him, I thought maybe it was because of all those romance movies I watched with Axel that I thought that their should be a lot more drama than just agreeing to love someone, or that I just really wasn't ready to forgive and forget.

But I couldn't take it into consideration, it would have been normal to forgive him if he hadn't killed me.

He killed me, I never really got the chance to think about it, or I just didn't want to think about it. He actually killed me and now I'm actually dead. Did he expect me to get over my dear brother and best friend I left behind, what was he thinking when he plunged the dagger deep into my chest. Was this all just a very messed up reality show.
But then this voice kept nudging me "mine, you are mine and I forgive you" and then I came up with it.

I wouldn't forgive him there and then, but I rather we both reformed, after all he may have had his own miseries to deal with when he died.

I remembered the conversation I had with Magnus.....

"Hey Mag, I was going over the list you gave me and I need to ask what an alpha meant" I said running up to meet him by the beach.
He chuckled lightly as he replied
Okay nix I don't know how to explain this. An alpha is a name given to the leader of a pack, they demand respect and authority towards them and their respective Luna's. A Luna is the soulmate chosen by the moon goddess for alphas other wise known as mate. Werewolves Are insanely protective of their mates, be it human or werewolves.
"Well then I see nothing special about being over protective" I countered. It's almost like the action romance I watched when the male lead would do almost anything to save his so called damsel, even shooting himself in the head with a bullet, even I would never try something so stupid. I mean if the girl wants to fall down of a roof, let her, its her choice to stay alive or not.
"It isn't actually like that" Magnus said his brows knitted in an amused way. They are bound by a special force by their wolves. During their first contact, their eyes meet and the whole world stops, they smell the sweet scent of their mate. It became very painful when the bond was tried to be broken by some werewolves. It reminded them that the moon goddess knew what she was doing when she bounded them together.

I couldn't believe, if all was what it was and Zayn was actually my mate, would he do all those things for me. I couldn't do anything so I just soothed him by rubbing small and big circles on his back while we both cried.

And then emotionally and physically tired and hurt we went back in the forest Hand in hand walking in synchronized steps.

But I still had it at the back of my mind, I would not forgive him. Not now at least, not until I was ready to heal him, and he was also ready to heal him.

I guess that is what it meant, a slaynkyer being someone who could break you or make you.

Except this was in the literal sense, both of us would make or break each other, one way or another.

But deep down I hoped for the former part, I wanted to make him but the question was that did he want to make me also or break me.

                        ♥︎★★★★★★★♥︎
Lee lix❤️