~Prologue~ {REWRITTEN}

⚠️This fic will contain swearing. Lots of swearing. Also, small descriptions of pain and death, plus some other heavy topics. Don't say I didn't warn you.⚠️

Y'know, being unsupervised while you browse the internet at a young age really comes with its pros and cons.

Pros? You start to understand yourself and the world a lot better than most adults would ever dare to teach you.

Cons? You become an edgy piece of shit just like everybody else on there.

Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating a little. But you can't deny that being online for years really changes a kid. Including me. I'm the kid. Almost fourteen years old, to be specific.

I can't remember having any sort of innocence at all since I was about five. Ever since then, it's mostly been downhill, if you ask me.

Who am I, you wonder?

You can call me Nix, Nixie, or Nixelus. Anything's fine. I'm like a three-in-one shampoo but with gender. I have messy black hair, glasses, lightly tanned skin and several scars on my left arm. Also, I suck at talking to people in real life.

I'm not special at all, to be honest with you. I don't have any talents and my only redeeming quality is my sense of humor, which is only funny half the time.

So why was I the one to be transported into another world?

Summer break had recently started, and I was outside for a walk. I fanned myself with my hand, wishing that I'd chosen to go at night, when it wasn't uncomfortably hot.

Walking down the sidewalk, I noticed some teenage girl not paying attention as she crossed the street, typing away at her phone. And guess what happened next?

Go on. Fucking guess.

That's right, some dumbass truck driver must've been drunk or something and speeded towards the girl, who was totally oblivious. Very few other people were there, and none of them had noticed the truck either as far as I could tell. They were too busy chatting with each other, or walking their dogs. And the truck was too fast to really notice right away, unless you were paying attention like I was.

Shit. I felt nothing but panic and terror as I realized I was about to witness some random person's death if I didn't do something within the next three and a half seconds.

I knew that if I yelled, the girl wouldn't be able to get away in time. So I did the stupid cliché thing you always see in fanfictions, ran towards her like my life depended on it, and shoved her out of the way as hard as I could.

I didn't even have a moment before the truck slammed into my side, completely crushing half my bones and possibly puncturing my lungs. My mind was so blinded by the pain that I could barely register the screams of horror that were forming around me.

My only coherent thought was a simple oh, so this is how I die. Then I couldn't think at all anymore, and my vision turned black.

I guess it's only fitting that I woke up in a coffin.