fourteen - Him

I stuck the note to the old bark of the willow tree before I quickly slipped away and sat down on a bench nearby.

The look of disappointment on her face stung my heart to the core. I deserved it though, being the coward I was for not loving her like I should have.

But oh God did I love her. Not for her 7am bed head or how the black eyeliner of her eyes was never quite straight. I loved her because of her strength, her will, the fight that was still inside her after being hit down so many times.

Cassidy was like a piece of glass. It was so fragile, breakable; but it could still cut into someone's skin and leave behind scratches on their bones; never to be forgotten.

The note I left her was a bit shorter than I expected it would be, but I wouldn't be surprised if a bit of my heart was smeared into the ink of the paper.

I'm sorry. You are still like the stars to me.

And I am just a nonplussed human admiring you from afar, choking up on words to say to you from the impact of your stardust building in my lungs.

I love you Cassidy. We will meet soon.

-A

~~~

A/N I'd like to thank all of you for your votes. We're in 184 in short story with over 100 votes! So many steps closer to ruling the Short Story section >:D

Special thanks to these folks (sorry if I forgot some it's just off the top of my head) - neotericslr, tatumtheastute, melrose, kenzi, irflo

Much love- Kai