eighteen - Him

"Cassidy" What I thought was loud came out as a mumble under my breath. Cold sweat formed under the palms of my hand as she looked at me; those muddy brown eyes making all the blood of my body race to my heart.

"It was you." Her voice was not trembling like it usually did. I had never heard her speak like this, not even in our 2 years of friendship. The way she hit each syllable, how it rolled off her tongue-was a song that I had never heard. But God did I want to listen to it forever.

"I'm sorry if I disappoint you. I've never been the football star or mathletes genius, but all I can give you is the love I've had kept in the vault of my heart for eight months."

Her eyes glazed over, a smile now slowly being painted onto her porcelain face as she wrapped her arms around me. I tucked my head over hers enjoying the warmth surrounding us. Her heartbeat was thumping loudly against my chest, and I listened to each beat like it was a fresh breathe of air after being underwater for so long. After drowning for so long.

"I love you.." She said, her head lifting from my chest to look up at me.

"I love you too. God you do not know how much I've loved you." My thumb wiped the little droplet on her cheek before she returned to my embrace.

There under that willow tree I had finally gotten the star I thought I would never reach in the vast sky that was her little world. She had let me in, even though it was small—even though I was still in the atmosphere still trying to land I had gotten past that vast barrier.

Cassidy- the girl who sat three rows to the right with a heart of ocean glass and a smile like the 12 am moon loved me. And I loved her.

Oh God did I love her.

Fin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

new book coming out called Through Thin Walls c: <3

A/N I gave everything I had into this book. It gave me so much happiness that you enjoyed what I wrote... you guys liked what I wrote. That's just surreal to me.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR LOVE, SUPPORT, VOTES, COMMENTS

<3 I LOVE YOU ALL

This would not be possible without-

@foreversmilin

@TatumTheAstute

@neotericlsr

Thank you.