Game Over

JK is very competitive in all things. Lisa learned that on their first date.

He brought her to the arcade—as one does when taking a girl he likes on a date. She was up for it. In fact, she was very excited to show off to him a little. She may not be good at sports, but she'll be damned if she let anyone beat her at arcade games.

So when they pass the Tekken arcade machine, she was confused. Who the hell goes to the arcade and ignores PvP games? Alas, she let him lead the way, a little curious where he's taking her.

They arrive at the Laser Tag counter. Pulling out his wallet, he handed a few bucks to the attendant. "Two tickets for Laser Tag, please." He said before turning to her. "You ever play laser tag before?" He asked her.

Dread filled her chest up. Shit. She's not very good at games that require full body coordination. But this was their first date. Whether she denied it or not, she really likes this guy, and would like to impress him. So ignoring her growing tension on her jaw, she shook her head and answered. "Never. But I've been really wanting to try it." Liar liar, pants on fire, she thought to herself. No, of course she didn't want to try it. She cringed whilst remembering that one time they made her try Dance Dance Revolution. What made it worse was she was known as a dancer. A great one, even.

"Yeah? Oh, this is going to be so fun. I promise you." He smiled at her, and she was charmed. She saw on some of the shows he's been in how competitive he can be so she smiled back, pledging to herself that she'd do her darned hardest to get a score that's not embarrassingly low, or at least try not to fall to her face during the game. At least he was going to be on her team.

So when the clerk spoke up once again, the sense of dread comes back. "Only spots available are one of each for two different teams. Will that be alright with you?"

She was about to tell him that she could wait until the next round so they can be in one team, but he beat her to it.

"Sure! That would make it twice as fun!" He replied giddily jumping in excitement before turning back to her. "Is that okay? We can wait if you want to?" He asked her.

How could she say otherwise after that display of adorableness? So, with sweaty palms, she shakes her head for the second time that evening. "No, I don't mind being on different teams."

"Are you sure? This way we can see who's better at laser tag. Unless you're scared to lose." He teased, mischievous smirk lurking on his face.

Her eyes narrowed at this. "You're on, Jeon!" Now that he tried to challenged her skills, she knew she really had to show him off. She might not have the best coordination when it comes to games like these, but she swore to wipe that smirk off his face when he saw the scoreboard.

So, dawning her best game face on, she followed him to put their equipment on.

"Alright, so there are four teams in this round." He started to explain the mechanics. "I'll be on the purple team, you'll be on the yellow team. See these lights on our foreheads, chests, and backs? These are your targets. Just point your gun towards it shoot. You'll know you've hit your opponent when their equipment lights go off for a few seconds. That goes the same for you. Try not to get hit on these areas." He finished explaining as he helped her strap her headgear on. Pushing her hair out of her face, he smiled and asked, "You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." She answered, face slightly red at their close proximity.

Doors opened, and they entered a dim arena only illuminated by strip lights to indicate where the walls of the maze are.

Lisa's chest began to pound at the excitement and nervousness. Please don't let her fall to her face, she prayed in hear head as she stealthily ran to one of the pathways. She crouched down when she reached one of the walls, waiting for a moving cluster of led lights.

A few moments had passed when she saw a flash of moving flock of green lights. She inhales deeply and points her gun to her target. Bingo. The lights on the guys equipment turned off for a few seconds, and she hightailed out of there without waiting for the lights on his gear turned on again. She found her technique. Find a wall, crouch down, wait for a target, then scuttle unto the next pathway. She admitted this was starting be fun. Her anxiety draining out of her body and only excitement remained running though her veins. Her method seemed to be very effective. She doesn't know how long the game has been going, but she knew she's taken down most of the players from the other teams at least once.

When she heard the ring that signified the final 2 minutes of the game, she started celebrating. Especially when she thought about how much guys she took down. But then, she saw a flash of purple in her peripheral view. Not thinking much about it, she inhaled deeply to prepare herself and waited for her target to come within her shooting range. When she heard footsteps against soft carpet behind the wall she's hiding against, that's when she stood up while turning as she pointed her gun at her opponent—Lara Croft Style (at least that's how she felt like at the moment).

Her smirk grew when she discovered it was JK. He was stopped dead in his tracks. Smile slowly lifted up his lips, amused and slightly impressed at Lisa.

Laser gun in one hand, he slowly raised both of his arms up, silently asking for a time out. Lisa nods slightly but kept her gun pointing at him. Steadily, he stepped closer to where she was standing.

"Woah, woah!" Clenching her gun harder, she continued, "Where do you think you're going, cowboy?"

"I'm impressed, Lis." He took few more steps towards her as he explained. "This is the first time I've been cornered since the game started." A few more steps until he was close enough to shift her gun away from him. "Are you sure you haven't played before?"

Now with their bodies pressed together, he took another step forward, pushing her into the corner of the opposite side of the wall she was just hiding in. "Y-yes. I'm pretty sure." She stuttered. She was pretty sure someone in the control room could see them, but really, she couldn't care any less.

His boyish smile turned into a playful smirk as he leaned down to put his face closer to hers. "I really want to kiss you." Still holding the barrel of her gun, he continued, "I'm going to kiss you now, if that's alright."

She barely had the time to nod and close her eyes before he claimed her lips with so much force her head was pushed back against the wall. She shuddered involuntarily as she felt his other hand slide up to the side of her neck to keep her in place. His tongue brushed her lips with a groan. Granting him entrance, she parted her lips and moaned when she felt his tongue enter her mouth, dancing with her own.

In the background, she barely registers the count down blasting from the speakers, indicating the last ten seconds of the game. She was about to let go of her gun to wrap her arms around his neck when she felt him move. Opening her eyes, she saw his gun pointed at her chest and a loud "pew" emitted from it. Her gear's lights turns off as she was heaving from the abruptly ended make out session they just had.

The next thing she knew, he was walking away from her, as if he knew she wouldn't be able to move after that knee trembling kiss.

When he was out of shooting range, he turned and winked at her just as the loud voice announced "Game Over".

"You fucking jerk!" She screamed. "That wasn't fair!"

She ran at full speed with every intention of tackling him to the ground. But he knew she was coming so instead of taking him down with her, he opened his arms wide and took a steady stance to catch her into his strong chest.

"I can't have my date breaking my record at Laser tag. No matter how hot she is." He simply said with a conceited smirk.

That was the moment she knew how competitive her boyfriend could be.