𝐨

[beginning of april]

•••

hyunjin thought that, save for doing homework, being alone with jisung was the worst thing ever.

"hyunjin, just give him a chance!" would be an appropriate response to such a bold claim, and while it was an entirely mature and reasonable suggestion, hyunjin didn't feel like it. so, no.

he's kidding, or as seungmin would say: "you're not kidding. please stop lying to yourself, and grow up." (to which hyunjin would respond with by sticking out his tongue. yeah, he saw where seungmin was coming from.)

seriously though, he saw him everywhere! they shared classes, shared friends, and- okay, that was it, but those were the only two reasons hyunjin ever left his dorm anyway.

regardless! hyunjin had given jisung a chance, but the guy was just so... awkward.

and that was just the thing: han jisung was not "awkward." hyunjin had seen him interact with other people (i.e., literally anyone else besides him), and jisung had always responded with friendly smiles and open conversations.

yet, when all their mutual friends were gone, and it was just the two of them— whether it be sitting together in class or walking somewhere— jisung was suddenly so... shut off; he gave short responses, awkward smiles, and never looked hyunjin in the eyes.

the only conclusion hyunjin could reach was that jisung hated him, and thus, hyunjin hated him back.

•••