Chapter One - New School

¡There will be multiple love interests for this story. Who are they? You'll just have to find out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      This wasn't a new feeling, but it wasn't a nice one. The thought of having to be the center of attention and introduce yourself to over 25 strangers was something that made your stomach churn. It didn't help that you were late too.

      Unfortunately for you, those thoughts were about to become a reality as you briskly walked through the halls of Kimetsu Academy, your new school, nearing your assigned classroom. I

      As a child you were always socially anxious. It was hard for you to talk to people and make new friends. That's not to say you weren't lonely though. You did have two besties that were the sole reason you survived the social aspect of life through out the years.

(Getting Komi Can't Communicate vibes?)

      Though, they weren't always available to help you through situations like the one you've found yourself stuck in now.

     Stopping in front of the door, you look at the sign.

     'Class 1-K'

     This was the classroom alright. Before barged in, you stood next to the entrance, taking a few deep breaths, mentally preparing yourself for one of the things you dreaded most.

(Am I seriously making a, 'new student going to their classroom' scene so dramatic?? Welp.)

      Finally building up the courage, you slowly twisted the doorknob and pushed.

      You walked into the classroom nervously, looking at the teacher, silently pleading for her to do something to get this over with. As if she read your mind, she smiled pleasantly and said,"Ahh! You must be Y/N L/N, the new transfer student! I am Ms. Ume! Would you be as kind as to come here and introduce yourself?"

       Keeping your head tilted down, but not to low, you said in a voice just above a whisper,"H-Hi, my name is Y/N, Y-Y/N L/N. It's nice to meet y-you."

       You hoped your voice was loud enough for everyone, but you were sure half the class didn't hear a word you said but not saying anything due the teacher saying your name upon your 'grand' entry.

        "If that's all, go sit next to Tanjiro, the boy with the burgundy hair," Ms. Ume said, pointing to a someone in the row to your left.

       As you proceeded to sit next to him, he gave you a gentle smile, one that indicated friendliness. That sent your hopes up a bit. At least you weren't sitting next to someone difficult or mean like some other unfortunate students.

      Once you finished setting your things down, Tanjiro turned to you,"Hey, it's nice to meet you, Y/N. I'm Tanjiro Kamado, but you must already know that, heh heh," He still had that kind smile that you were quickly growing fond of.

      Just then, Ms. Ume announced the start of your first class, English Language Arts. At one point, she received a message to head to the principal's office and had to leave for a brief moment.

     Once she left, one of the two boys in front of you turned around. He had long black hair with blue-tipped ends and his eyes were a lovely green. In fact, if it wasn't for his unbuttoned shirt that revealed his entire torso, you would have thought he was a girl.

     "Who's the new girl?" He asked in a deep, slightly hoarse voice. It was intimidating and you were a little frightened by his attitude. "Inosuke! You don't have to be so rude to the newest freshman. Look, you're scaring the pretty girl." The second boy scolded, 'Inosuke' you assumed that was his name, also turning around to face you and Tanjiro.