- seven

THAT NIGHT, PERCY FOUND ROSE IN THE LOUNGE.

"hey," he said, sitting down next to her. "i've been waiting for you."

"i'm sorry," she said, her head propped on top of her knees.

"you don't have be sorry. i was just worried."

"felt like i was going to cry. i didn't want to bother you."

"rose, you could never bother me. you're my girlfriend, i'll always take care of you."

"i know, but you're going through your own stuff right now. i feel bad for worrying you."

"i just want what's best for you. i don't know what i would do without you."

rose couldn't help but smile. "i'm sorry i've been distant."

he leaned against her. "i don't expect you to be okay. not immediately, at least. we went through literal hell. but you barely eat, you don't sleep, and everyone's worried. i've got frank asking me if you're on medication."

"i am," she said. "three different kinds, but i need new ones. i'll talk to will when we get home. i already talked to jason earlier. he's the one who got me to sleep."

"i know. he told me you were out in five minutes."

rose playfully rolled her eyes. "oh, so when i don't sleep it's an issue, but when i do, it's still a problem."

percy nudged her, smiling. "fuck off."

rose took a deep breath. it felt nice. "do you want to just sleep in here tonight? i don't feel like getting up."

"you know i'd sleep on rocks if it meant i was with you."

rose rolled her eyes again and handed him a blanket— one of the two that somebody (probably annabeth) had tossed over her earlier. "are you in love with me or something? that's so gross."

percy playfully kicked her as they adjusted— rose curled into his left side, so that they could both see the tv.

she fell asleep to phineas and ferb reruns, her cheek against percy's bare chest, his fingers tracing up and down her spine.

12:38 AM
NEW MESSAGE FROM: annabeth my worst enemy

annabeth my worst enemy
[1 attachment: Percy and Rose together on the daybed. Rose is checking her notifications one last time before bed. Rose's water bottle is in the bed beside them. Small Bob sits at the end by their feet, purring.]

annabeth my worst enemyfuck both of you i need to govomit

fuck both of you i need to go
vomit

someone shook rose awake around 7:30– piper.

"hey," piper whispered, trying not to wake percy. "i need to tell you something, but after we'll get ready, okay?"

rose sat up and pulled up her hood to hide her bedhead.