005. movie night

as the two ate, clementine began to talk about her house, why her room was different from the rest of the house, and why it looked like the way it did

turns out clementine lived with her parents and her sister. her mother and her sister never really listened to her or her father when it came to deciding on something.

her mother and her sister would always make the decision before even asking what her or her father wanted. it was clear which sibling was close to which parent.

she was close to him, her father, but he was rarely home due to work. so to clementine, it felt like she was living alone.

her mother and her sister decided on how the house should look, and since they never checked on clementine, they never even noticed that she changed her room.

"i just feel kind of invisible when i'm around them. they'd ask me to go out to dinner with them and when i would go, they'd ignore me. so, i don't see the point in trying to hang out with them if they're not trying to hang out with me... i guess they just feel bad, you know? they feel bad that they're leaving me out. but honestly, it doesn't make me feel any better because i still feel like i'm not needed there."

back in clementine's room, she continued to go on about her family and how she felt about each and every one of her family members.

but to denzel, that whole conversation was a lot to take in. he didn't know how to react, he didn't want to say anything or give the wrong piece of advice.

'i'm so sorry you deal with that. i don't know how i could help or what advice i could give. but, do you want a hug?'

denzel had open arms, welcoming clementine to hug him. and she did, she gave him a hug. the hug was nice, he wasn't very open to them but he wanted to help her feel better somehow.

he found her hug very comforting, it felt like puzzle pieces that fit perfectly together.

they hugged for awhile in comfortable silence, just taking a moment to breathe. denzel knew how hard it must've been for clementine to talk about something like that, hopefully he was helping her relax just a little bit.