Chapter 2

"Really Yujin unnie, you don't need to do that. I can go alone, plus don't you have council duties to do?" Wonyoung says as they head out of school. "Nope, I already finished them. And Sunghoon invited me too you know." Yujin scrunches her nose and smiles.

"I know I know, I mean we can always come some other times if you're busy. Sunghoon Oppa will work in this cafe until he graduates probably." Yujin shrugs. "Probably, unless he gets cast as a model or actor like how he always wanted."

"Oh! And my treat today, you can pay next time." Wonyoung laughs as she enters after Yujin into the cafe.

Sunghoon had been working at the cafe since last year, Yujin, Wonyoung, and their friends are known as regulars by the manager and other workers.

As the girls head to the table, "So, do you guys want the usual or something else?" Sunghoon asks, "The usual but instead of iced cold, maybe make it a hot one?" Wonyoung says with a smile. "Mhm got it, Yujin?"

"Yeah, I'll get the usual, No changes for me." Sunghoon hums. "Great, I'll get the food ready then. Have fun studying, just call one of the old workers if you need help," Yujin hums in confusion. "Old workers?" she asks.

"Ah yeah, we have a new employee this year. She just recently moved near campus for her studies. She's one of the new students who joined this year, I think you'll know her. But I'll tell you guys about her later. I gotta go now." Wonyoung waves and Sunghoon rushes to the counter.

Wonyoung and Yujin take out their homework and chat as they wait for their food to arrive,

"So the answer to number 4 is A?" Wonyoung asks again, "Yes it is, I've done these classes before, trust me." Wonyoung snorts. "Didn't you almost fail?" Yujin shushes her.

"Hi, sorry for taking long. Here's your food." A female voice says and puts their drinks and food on the table. "Thank you," Yujin thanks as the waitress leaves.

"Wait- I know that voice!" Wonyoung says, almost shouting, startling the older in front of her, "Did you see her face?" She asks, Yujin shakes her head. "Ah sorry, I was switching our food to a safe place so that we wouldn't accidentally push it off."

Wonyoung presses her lips together, "It's okay," she mutters.

"So uh, could you help me with this question?" Yujin nods, "Yeah sure, I can try." Wonyoung lets out a soft laugh.

After a while, they both finish their homework and head to pay.

"Hi! We'd like to pay?" Yujin says to the employee who had just walked past, an old friend from the cafe, Sumin. "Oh sure sure, let me get the check."

Wonyoung spaces out as Yujin pays for their food,

As she spaced out, she sees a family face, serving customers, far from where she was sitting.

The girl she bumped into the other day smiles widely and serves them, wearing the cafe's uniform.

Oh shit. Wonyoung realizes.

"Hey, Wonyoung! We can leave now." Yujin waves her hand in front of her face, snapping her out of her dazed.

"Oh! Yeah yeah, let's go."

Wonyoung panics, she didn't expect to see her at the cafe out of all of the places.

"Unnie, do you think you'll probably know the new person working there?" Wonyoung asks, "Hmm, probably."

"oh, and do you still wanna come and see who it was?" Wonyoung shakes her head, "I don't think it's needed anymore."

"By the way, are you free on Saturday?" Wonyoung asks, "I'm not really sure, I may be at night."

"Do you wanna come over and watch movies? We can invite Sunghoon Oppa too." Yujin nods, "Sure! and you mean we as in I should tell me while I come to your house."

Wonyoung makes a gun-shooting expression and laughs, "Yep."

"Fine fine, we can. I'll finish my homework by then. Plus I need some rest off work too." "So it's a date." Yujin shrugs, "sure, whatever you say." Wonyoung giggles and bids her goodbye and heads into her house,

"Hiii!! I have popcorn and drinks ready. We can choose a movie." Wonyoung waves as her friends walk in.

"So, what type of movie did you want to watch?" Sunghoon asks, awkwardly sitting by the corner of the couch beside her. "There's this horror mystery I wanna watch."

Yujin hums as she leans against the couch. "Sure, as long as we don't get any jump scares." Sunghoon nods, "Yep, we don't want the neighbors, or specifically, our families thinking something happened to us when we're just cowards screaming at jump scares." he says.,

The trio laughs and Wonyoung plays the movie. "I'm positive that it doesn't have any jump scares. Rei recommended it to me, she says no jump scares. It does have gore though."

Sunghoon hums, "That's fine. But if she's lying, I'm charging her extra for this." The girls laugh. "I don't think manger-nim would like that Sunghoon-ya."

The male stares with a raised eyebrow, "I'm older than you," "I don't think manager-nim would like that, Sunghoon Oppa."

"Hey, Hyung's a nice person. I'll consider them as tips instead. I rarely get tips, I get tissues with numbers written instead." he complains. "Tips aren't allowed, Oppa."

Wonyoung waves her hand, "Focus on the movie, we can talk later."

The older two start to focus on the movie.

As Rei had said, the movie had no jump scares.

After the hang-out was over, the two left. "Good thing we didn't get jump scared." Sunghoon says, "Yep, or else Rei would've had to pay double the bill." Yujin fakes a shivering expression.

"Well she doesn't have to, that's that. Anyway, see you later Wonyoung," Sunghoon waves as he steps out of her house. "See you at school," Yujin waves.

"bye-bye," Wonyoung waves as she watches the two leave her house, walking towards their own houses.

She shuts the door, then the realization hits her.

"Shit, I forgot to ask Sunghoon Oppa about that girl." she lets out a groan.

"It's okay, we have other days,"

she mutters and heads to her room.
_____

"So, you're telling us that the girl you fell in love with works at Sunghoon Oppa's cafe?" Rei asks, "I didn't fall in love, first of all. And yes, she does." Liz lets out a small laugh. "What a small world we live in!"

"Yeah, The fact that I still can't get her name." Wonyoung pouts. "it's okay tiger, It's only been a few days. You'll eventually find out her name before the school year ends." Rei pats her shoulder.

"Also, thanks for the movie recommendation." Wonyoung tells Rei, "You're welcome, I'm a good friend, aren't I? Knows exactly what you like." proudly said Rei.

"Sunghoon Oppa said he would've charged you double if it had jump scares," Wonyoung says through a laugh. "Offending,"

"Be happy I didn't tell you that you forgot his name. He would've charged you even higher." The younger laughs. "Yikes, Sunghoon Oppa has things against me."

Rei sips on her coffee, "By the way, I can't hang out with you guys this weekend, we're visiting my grandparents." Wonyoung says. "Oooh, alright. Have fun, make sure to update us on how it goes, okay?" Wonyoung nods at Liz's words.

Wonyoung sees Rei glancing around the cafeteria, trying to look for someone. "Rei-ya, don't try to find her. You don't even know how she looks." She pats the older one.

"Ugh Fineee, It was worth a try. We could've had a guessing game with Rei," The older pouts.