Chapter 3

"Why did you want me to accompany you?" Wonyoung asked as she and Sunghoon walked to Sunghoon's younger sister, Yeji's school.

"Mom and Dad are busy today and I didn't feel like going alone, Plus Yujin's also busy with the council," Sunghoon replied.

Yeji's middle school is also the same one that the trio had grown up in. 

"I can't believe that you're getting out of high school next year," Sunghoon hummed. "Neither, then comes college, Probably an extra pain in the ass."

Wonyoung laughed. "That's part of life I guess, college probably won't be as bad, maybe." she shrugged.

"could be, or not. I'll tell you when I get there." Sunghoon replied.

When they arrived, they saw Yeji talking to her friend. 

 "Hey, Yeji!!" Wonyoung greeted as Yeji turned towards them. "Wonyoung unnie!!" Yeji yelled and ran to hug her, partly ignoring her brother,

"Wonyoung gets hugs but I don't?" He complained. 

"Yep, You don't." Sunghoon scoffed. "Oppa, can we wait for Hyunseo's cousin? Her sister usually comes to pick her but she's sick today so her cousin has to pick her but she's not here yet either!." Yeji said with a pout.

"well, Hyunseo-ssi, who's your cousin?" Sunghoon asked. "Her name's Kim Gaeul," Hyunseo replied with a smile. 

"Ah, is this her?" Sunghoon asked as he opened his gallery. "Do you know her?" she gasped.

"Yeah, she's a worker at our place." He answered. "And she has a shift today so maybe we can wait for her at the cafe? Manager hyung will let you."

Hyunseo frowned, "I'm not allowed to go home with strangers." She answered. 

"I promise you, we're her friend- Well Me, specifically. Wonyoung doesn't know her." The mentioned girl rolled her eyes.

"My brother isn't lying, Hyunseo! I promise. Manager Oppa sometime gives us free food too!!" Yeji said. "Okay... If this is a way of kidnapping, I'm not talking to you again." Hyunseo muttered.

"Okay let's go," Sunghoon said and opened his contacts.

He then opened the contact number with the name "Gaeul" and dialed it.

"Hello?" The line answered.

"Gaeul-ssi, where are you?" He asked.

"At the cafe, why?" she answered, her voice having a tint of confusion.

"Aren't you supposed to pick your cousin up at her school?"

"Her sister usually does that... Why?"

Sunghoon frowned, 

"Hyunseo said she was sick, and that you were supposed to pick her up? aren't you?"

"I didn't get any calls nor texts from the family, I'm a bit confused about what you're saying, Sunghoon-ssi." 

The girl's voice was filled with pure confusion.

"Maybe call your cousin's family? We're on our way to the cafe, either way, see you there." The girl muttered "Okay," before the call ends.

"That's weird," Sunghoon told Wonyoung. 

"Mhm, Maybe the family forgot to tell her?" Wonyoung replied. "It could be, and that's irresponsible..."

Wonyoung hummed in agreement. "Does manager-nim give free food though?" she asked. 

"Well, sometimes. Just the worker's siblings since you know, most of us have tight schedules and are part-timers so there is a chance of our siblings being at work with us."

"And he loves kids, he said he wants to adopt one when his boyfriend's ready." Wonyoung nodded. "I didn't know he had a boyfriend." Sunghoon laughed.

 "Neither did we, until a while ago."

After a while of chatter, they arrived at the cafe.

They entered and were welcomed by a staff, which turned into a simple, "Oh, Sunghoon and Wonyoung! Hi kids," she greeted them and left to continue work.

"Where's my cousin?" Hyunseo asked, "Oh- um, let me go find her?" Sunghoon answered.

He left to the staff room, leaving Wonyoung, and the kids standing there.

"God, this is so awkward," Wonyoung muttered as she stood.

Soon after, Sunghoon arrived with a familiar figure.

Wonyoung gasped as she realized the girl.

It's her!? God, Liz was right, what a small world we live in.

"Gaeul unnie!" Hyunseo ran to her. "Why are you guys standing there? Come sit down," Sunghoon gestured to them.

"Do you want anything?" he asked, "Oppa, I want a chocolate shake." Sunghoon nodded, "Hyunseo?"

"Same goes for me, please." "Alright, Wonyoung and Gaeul?" he asked.

 "Nothing needed," Gaeul answered. "No thank you,"

"Okay, I'll be back."

Wonyoung nervously looked away as they were left alone with the younger ones.

"Oh I remember you, I ran into you on my first day, right?" The girl asked with a sparked smile.

"Um, yeah. That's me," She replied with a nervous chuckle. "nice to meet you then, My name's Gaeul, Kim Gaeul."

"Uh Wonyoung, Jang Wonyoung. It's nice to meet you again." She smiled back.

"Are you his girlfriend?" Gaeul asked, pointing at Sunghoon. Wonyoung widened her eyes. "No!" she yelled a bit too loud.

 "Oh- Um I meant no, he's not. We're just friends. Since we're born in the same neighborhood and grew up together."

"Oh... I'm sorry,"

"Okay, I'm back. Did they say anything?" Sunghoon asked Gaeul. "Yeah, they said they thought they already told me about it." She sighed.

"Thanks for calling me and taking care of Hyunseo, it would've been a big problem if she was left alone at school." She continued.

"it's okay, I'm glad we did. So will she be staying with you here?" Sunghoon asked. "yeah, I guess so. Do you have any homework to do?" Gaeul asked Hyunseo.

"Yeah, I have an essay and some math homework to finish." The younger replied. "That's great, can you do them in the staff room while I work?" She nodded.

"Manager-nim said he had some family problems to do so he won't be here for the day, she'll be fine," Gaeul told Sunghoon.

"Alright, just text or call me if you need anything." Sunghoon told her, "Say goodbye to your friend, we're leaving."

"I hope we can meet again, Wonyoung," Gaeul said and smiled at her, which made the latter's heart flutter. "Y-you too... Wait No- me too." She stuttered, which made Gaeul giggle.

"Come on Hyunseo," Gaeul said and waved at them, and left to the staff room.

"So, you met her before?" Sunghoon asked as they walked to their place. "Well, yeah."

"Hm, I see. Tell me about it when we hang out." He smiled, Wonyoung shrugged. "If I remember, sure."