Chapter Three

Lola pulled her phone out of her skirt pocket and tapped the screen "Gah, how is it only 8?" She dropped her shoulders in annoyance "Can't this day be over already?"

Tullah stood up and placed the empty chip box and empty small gravy container in the bin before sitting back down across from Lola "At least we have half a day" Tullah pretended to be hopeful about her sentence.

Lola began going through her messages "Cleo's on her way, she wants to trash Brad"

Tullah wasn't sure how to react, she had been friends with Brad since the day she came to Logan High, she had a small crush on him but was always left heartbroken when he went from girl to girl. Tullah knew why because she had a fear of speaking up to the woman of the moment that Brad was interested in.

Tullah leaned back on the grass as she stared up at the partially cloudy sky "Wonder what it'd be like when we finish?"

Lola moved her gaze over to Tullah "I'm leaving at the end of the year."

Tullah shifted her head to look at Lola "What are you going to do?"

"Mum said we're going to travel for a bit than we'll come back, and I'll try to get into fashion." Lola didn't realise how much her words were affecting Tullah.

"Sup, bitches!" Cleo playfully called out as she crossed the road.

Tullah propped herself up on her elbows as Cleo dropped her bag by Tullah's feet.

"Don't even get me started on Brad" Cleo started. "If we weren't busted by the boomer next to us, we would've been fine." She rolled her eyes.

Lola laughed "This is why you go in empty sessions."

"We did, it was a boomer session." Cleo stated.

Tullah rolled her eyes "Don't go to an oldies movie, you need to go to a horror."

Cleo and Lola curiously looked at their friend.

"What? Everyone's already screaming."

Cleo and Lola burst out laughing.

"I can see someone's done it before" Cleo smirked.

Tullah playfully shrugged; she was a sixteen-year-old virgin. Sex in her mind was seen as the enemy, thanks to her mother's cruel words. She noticed Brad walking with his headphones across the road, he glanced over to the takeaway shop.

Tullah waved up at him, he half-heartedly smiled.

"I heard his packing" Lola whispered.

"Girl, we brought a small popcorn. Boy ain't no king, that's for sure." Cleo judgementally admitted.

Tullah wanted to run over and tell Brad what the girls thought of him, but she knew there was no point in trying to break up her friends.

She watched as Brad focused his attention on his feet as he continued walking up the street.

"Look at the sad boy" Cleo rolled her eyes.

Tullah moved her attention to the girls in front of her. She wasn't anything like them. They had lives; she had a life. They had a social calendar; she just had a calendar. They had dates, she had days.

"Shouldn't you girls be in class now?"

The three of them looked up at their principal, Daryl Mixer. He was somewhere between young and ancient. The students didn't know his exact age. He looked young enough to be somewhere in his thirties, but he dressed like he was in his hundreds.

"We were just about to go." Tullah mentioned.

Cleo checked the time on her phone "We still have fifteen minutes."

"Well, if your late I'm not writing any late slips for you three." He mentioned before walking over to the other students that were hanging around the takeaway shop.

"Geez, every morning like clockwork Mixer is down here" Lola rolled her eyes "he doesn't head over to Maccas to grab the others."

The three girls watched as Mr Mixer began to make his way up the street towards the school.

Tullah silently stood up before adjusting her bag on her shoulder.

She started to walk away from her friends as they reluctantly moved up from their spot under the tree.

Tullah didn't wait for her friends as she began walking down the long strip of a curved path to the school. She didn't care if they chose to gossip about her, it would surprise her if they didn't. She loved Cleo and Lola but knew they would easily turn on her if she let them.

She followed behind a few stragglers of students, she noticed Mr Mixer standing by the gate of the teachers carpark.

"Where's Ms Barrett and Ms Lipni?" Mr Mixer asked as Tullah got closer.

Tullah turned her attention behind her before looking at her principal than shrugged "They were behind me." She lied.

"Mmm." Mr Mixer crossed his arms across his chest as Tullah walked past him. He kept his focus on the few students walking up the street.

Tullah walked past a few classrooms, down past the library before stepping down a few short stairs before turning the corner to her classroom.