Chapter Twelve

Tullah held her phone in her hands as she relaxed comfortably in bed, she smiled to herself as she noticed it was 6 p.m. and he hadn't arrived home, yet.

She placed down her phone before giving into the food her body was starting to crave, Tullah made her way to the kitchen.

It was like her mother hadn't moved from her spot since Tullah had arrived home, still sitting on the lounge watching the news.

Tullah opened the fridge door; she studied the contents inside the fridge even though she knew well it was the same old things. She picked up one of her water bottles, she let a sigh escape from her lips before closing the fridge door.

She turned her attention to the kitchen cupboard, she pulled open the cupboard door and studied it's contents. Again, the same old things. Pasta sauce bottles, sauce bottles, various pasta packets, cake mixes, various canned foods and a couple of two minute noodles packets left.

Tullah turned her head to the kitchen bench, four slices of bread left in the packet.

Would she get in trouble if she used up the last four slices? Was there enough bread in the freezer to be pulled out and defrosted?

She had lived of two minute noodles for almost a week for dinner, her body was starting to get bored with the lack of variety.

Tullah closed the cupboard door; she carried her water bottle to her room before closing her bedroom door.

She picked up a knee length dress from her floor before chucking it on, she pulled on a pair of ballet flats before grabbing her bank card out of her purse.

Tullah grabbed her phone before walking out of her bedroom, she walked out of the house without telling her mum where she was going.

Tullah allowed herself to enjoy the cool breeze, allowed herself to snap a few images of the sun set on her phone as she walked down the street.

A short fifteen minute walk later,

Tullah stopped for a moment, she looked at IGA before looking at the family run takeaway shop. She wasn't sure what she wanted, takeaway again or something she could just grab quickly.

She stepped into the takeaway shop and stood behind a woman with three kids. Tullah didn't groan or find an annoyance as she waited while the woman and the three kids took their time ordering the food.

Tullah savoured the time she had away from her home, she didn't let her sense of smell linger too long in the stale sweat stench filled takeaway shop.

"Next" The person behind the counter called out.

Tullah stepped up to the counter.

"Same as usual?" The person spoke.

Tullah nodded, she lowered her gaze and watched as the person wrote down $3 chips, x3 dim sims.

She watched as the person entered the details into the cash register that looked like it had seen better days, she watched as the person pushed the eftpos machine a little closer.

Tullah swiped her bank card before entering her pin than pressing enter.

The person ripped off the number and handed it to Tullah.

"Thanks" Tullah smiled a little before making her way outside the takeaway store, she breathed in the cool afternoon air as she noticed the last final hints of the sun setting.

She made her way towards IGA and wondered throughout the store. Tullah chewed on her lower lip slightly as she stared at the various items on shelf around her.

She picked up a container of strawberries and a couple of bananas before continuing her walk around the store.

Tullah exhaled softly before letting her gaze linger down on the fruits in her hands. She needed to eat but she was scared to eat, Tullah had struggled with food all her life and she knew, just knew that when he arrived home that she'd be hearing about her body all over again.

She felt her lower lip tremble as she struggled with her body image.

Tullah took a deep breath before exhaling slowly, she blinked her eyes a few times to stop tears from forming. She made her way over to the deli fridge, she grabbed two sandwiches not caring what was on either of them before making her way to the counter.

She placed her items down on the counter, she stayed quiet as the young teenager acted like being at their job was the worst thing on earth.

Tullah watched as the young cashier nearly throw the items into the bag. She couldn't make out what the cashier was saying.

Tullah looked down at the register screen before dropping her gaze to the eftpos machine, she swiped her card and entered her details before pressing enter.

Tullah picked up her shopping bag just as the cashier called "Next."

She stepped out of IGA before taking a seat on the flat blocks of rock around the makeshift garden in the middle of the concrete. She swiped through her phone, clicked open social media.

Tullah's eyes widen as she noticed the first post on the screen.

CLEO_DEAN says
The next bitch that touchs my boyfriend will get cut! She knows who she is, hope she knows I will fuck her up.

Tullah scanned down at the comments.

Gooey commented
Yo? Cleo? Who?

Lola's comment showed a gif of someone sipping from a mug.

"T"

Tullah jumped a little as she looked up at the person in front of her, she noticed the takeaway shop person holding Tullah's takeaway order.

"Oh. Thanks." Tullah took her order in her hands before walking away from the takeaway person.

Thoughts filled Tullah's mind, was Cleo really going to fuck her up? Cleo knew that Tullah and Brad were nothing; they had no interest in each other, at least Tullah didn't openly admit she had feelings for Brad.

Tullah sniffled a little as she kept her head down as she made her slow walk home.

She couldn't let her mind stop swirling around with the sudden hate coming from Cleo, she couldn't stop her mind filled with confusion.

Tullah's heart stopped as she noticed his car parked on the side of the road, she swallowed hard as she made her way through the gate.

She saw him sitting in the backyard having a smoke, she ignored him as she stepped into the house.

Tullah walked into the kitchen, she noticed boiling water in pans on the stove. She ignored it as she reached for a water bottle in the fridge before silently making her way to her room.

Tullah closed her bedroom door, letting her tears fall from her eyes.

She dumped the shopping bag on top of her school bag and chucked her takeaway order on her bed as she hunched over and began crying, letting her water bottle drop by her side nearly missing her feet.