Another Day It Is

"So Leslie, your brother always an asshole?" I smiled at this, looking at Rue, realizing he'd probably gotten some information from her. It's to be expected, everything is known at our school. Everyone knows some kind of dirt or just general knowledge of each other. I knew about her dad, and her drug problems, as well as her going to rehab this summer. Just as I'm sure she knows about me. My brother is on the football team, my name comes up every once in a while. She bobbed her head back and forth, making a face that said could easy be read as 'I may or may not have said something.'

"It's not like it's a secret." I shrugged, trying to assure her.

"But yeah, he's always been an ass, even more so since he joined the team. Now he's just a cunt." It was blunt and very much to the point. Fezco made a face while smiling as Rue and the other kid seemed to chuckle under there breath.

"Yeah well, he sounds like one." He practically agreed.

"Yo, what's your father like?" I looked over at Rue, wondering what she told him. Not exactly wanting to admit more than I have to on that one. Now, in some sense I got a little lucky. He doesn't like.. sexually abuse me, he just hits, yells, scream and just about everything else under the sun to me. Not sure if my brother got it from him, or if my father got it from my brother.

"I don't- all I know is that your father sounds like an asshole too." I felt my shoulders relax a tiny bit, trying not to show much reaction.

"He just yells alot." I said, looking back at Fez. He gave me a look, raising his eye brow.

"You sure that all he does?" I nodded, not to quickly but not hesitating either. He looked at Rue, causing her to look back at him as they shared a look. She made a face back to him, shrugging her shoulders.

"Aight, you mind if I ask bout your mom?" I shook my head, humming slightly.

"I don't really know her. Just my dads version of why she left." He reached for his cigarettes, lighting one of them up quickly.

"And what's his version?" I blinked at him, almost deadpanned.

"Take a wild guess." I said it sarcastically, shaking my head slightly with it. He seemed to think for a minute, Rue annoyed it's taking so long for him to figure it out.

"Wow, he a cunt too." I couldn't help but laugh out at Rue's statement. Nodding my head at her observation. Suddenly two phones go off, making everyone freeze for a moment. I felt on my pockets, realizing I didn't have it.

"Shit, my s-"

"Nah, I had Ash grab your stuff. Yo, Ash." The kid suddenly pushed himself off the wall, walking past me. I tried not watching him, listening as he seemed to grab it. I looked behind me, hearing movement, him holding the bag out for me.

"Thank you." I made quick eye contact, trying not to hold it so long. At least he's not fully glaring at me. He ignored me, going for his place against the wall. I reach in, as Rue pulled out her phone from under her, Fez setting his back down on the table. I opened it up, seeing a had a bunch of messages. I clicked them, seeing a text other from my usual threats and warning. I heard Rue's phone start making noise, not fully paying attention as I clicked on the video that I was sent in a message. It wasn't till then that I realized the noises Rue's phone was making, it was the same sound mine was making. And that, my dear friends, were sex noises. I raised my eyebrows.

"Okay.. well, someone's famous." I sniffed quietly at the awkwardness, stopping the video. I shook my head, looking up at the others. Fez and Ash looked weirded out, wondering what in the actual hell was that, looking over at Rue's phone. Rue, still watching it.