[03] laundry

[ season one, episode four ]

The next morning JJ stood with Glenn as they watched a few men take Glenn's car apart for spare parts.

JJ looks back when she hears someone approach. "Good Morning, Mr. Grimes." The girl greets politely.

Rick glances at her and nods, "Morning. And Rick is fine."

Glenn then speaks up, "Look at 'em. Vultures. Yeah, go on, strip it clean." He says bitterly.

"Generators need every drop of fuel they can get. Got no power without it." Dale tells the young man, then walks away with a "Sorry, Glenn."

"Thought I'd get to drive it at least a few more days." Glenn says to Rick, shaking his head slightly.

"Maybe we'll get to steal another one someday." Rick replies, patting Glenn on the back.

"I would like to be a part of that, please." JJ cuts in, looking to Rick.

"Sure thing, Kid." He replies quickly patting her on the head before making his way over to his wife.

JJ turns to Glenn and smiles, "He's really cool."

"Cooler than me?" Glenn replies with mock sadness.

"Of course not. Nobody's cooler than you." The teen retorts before pausing, "Well, except me. But you're a close second."

Glenn gasps and is about to reply when Shane's car quickly drives into the camp.

"Water's here, y'all. Just a reminder to boil before use."

"This isn't over." Glenn jokingly replies, before the duo goes to help unload the water.

Suddenly, the group hears screaming.

"Mom!"

"Mama! Mommy!"

JJ runs, following the group towards the screams. She stops when she sees Carl in his mothers arms and Sophia still crying for Carol who was not there yet. She brings Sophia into her arms to comfort the scared girl who clings onto her.

"It's alright, Soph. Just breathe."

Carol comes running shortly after and JJ passes Sophia to her. Carol hugs her daughter tightly, muttering a quick 'thank you' to JJ.

After both kids have calmed down the smaller group heads back to the camp and are soon joined by the rest of the group.

Daryl Dixon comes into view and calls out for his brother.

JJ never had a problem with the Dixon man, he was always very reserved and often minded his own business. He was a little rough around the edges and honestly still scared her a bit but she preferred him to Merle.

"Daryl, just slow up a bit. I need to talk to you." Shane said to the redneck.

Daryl slows to a stop and asks, "About what?"