[02] reunions

[ season one, episode three ]

Later that day, JJ is sitting on top of the RV, keeping a lookout for stray walkers as she often did as part of helping out around camp. She was fiddling with the Walkman in her hand, bopping her head along to the beat of the music filling her ears. Glenn had gotten it for her on one of his supply runs to the city, along with some batteries (much to Shane's annoyance as he insisted the batteries could be used for better things).

Her music is playing so loud in her ear she doesn't hear the radio next to her squawk. Only taking out her headphones and hearing it when Dale starts to climb up the later to the vehicle. "This is T-Dog. Anybody hear me?"

She quickly jumps up from her seat and grabs the radio to respond, "Hello? It's JJ. Reception's bad on this end. Please repeat." The radio goes static again and JJ hands the microphone to Dale and resorts to trying to get a clear signal like Dale taught her.

"Is that them?" Lori questions. No one answers, instead listening to T-Dog on the radio.

"We're in some deep shit. We're trapped in the department store. There are geeks all over the place. Hundreds of 'em. We're surrounded."

Dale asks T-Dog to repeat what he said before the radio stops. JJ lets out a small curse.

"He said the department store." Lori announces and Dale agrees.

"Shane?" Lori turns to Shane.

"No way. We do not go after them. We do not risk the rest of the group. Y'all know that." The man replies strongly.

"So we're just gonna leave her there?" Amy asks Shane harshly.

JJ thought Amy had a right to be angry. This was half of the group they were talking about. Her sister was apart of that group.

She had a similar sting in her chest when she thought about never seeing Glenn again.

After Dale, she was closest to Glenn. The two had clicked from the beginning. Glenn had little sisters before the apocalypse and JJ had an older brother so the dynamics matched up perfectly. He was the first friend she had made in the apocalypse, she couldn't lose him.

Although, Glenn and Andrea weren't the only people they risked losing.

There was also Jackie, T-dog and Morales, who she wasn't as close with but she knew Jackie was a very kind, smart woman from what Lori spoke of her. And she thought T-Dog was really funny, she was glad to have someone like him around to keep the mood fun, plus he helped out whenever he could which she admired. Morales had kids waiting for him here at camp so she hoped he was safe as well, despite not knowing him well.

The last man that had accompanied the group to the city was Merle Dixon. JJ didn't hate a lot of people but she wouldn't say she exactly liked this man, no one did, except maybe his brother but JJ got the vibe, despite being brothers, he secretly didn't like him much either. Merle made everyone at the camp uncomfortable, whether it be his racist comments toward the coloured people of the camp or the sexist comments towards the women of the camp. She had gotten both types of comments from the redneck. Still, JJ didn't wish death upon anyone, she wouldn't exactly be mad if the group 'accidentally' left him in Atlanta though.