Ch 3

That Night I got home, sneaking in through my window to avoid my mothers attention. What was being asked of me was no small favor. I would have to turn my back on being a hero. They each have a goal to complete if I'm correct. But I don't know 100% what their goals are. I know Dabi is after someone specific, Shigaraki's goal has been to kill Allmight since day one, Toga, well I think she just wants to be accepted as she is. But what about twice and the other villains? What are their goals? I roughed up me hair in frustration. I was at the same level as Bakugo maybe even a little less stronger than he is. If I can become stronger I'd be able to beat him at his own game but trusting villains? Maybe I should just say no and let them erase my mind, but what if that was a lie? Shigaraki gave that information over a little too easily for my liking.

My mind continued to restlessly think about this all night long. By morning I haven't slept and was fully exhausted. Today is a practice fight scene between heroes and villains again. I might get paired up with him again since that's what Aizawa likes to do.

At school everyone went about their day, not really daring to even glance in my direction. Of course that is what happens when things like this happen. Unfortunately its not just the students, its also 90% of the teachers and 98% of the city's population. They all avoid me, like I'm a plague. But it's for the best. No more distractions.

"Alright class, as you are all well aware of, today is more hero training with a practice match between a hero and a villain. So let's get started." Aizawa grabbed his clip board and flipped the pages telling each person who they would be fighting and who would play what role. Ochako against Momo, Tsuyu against Mineta, Shoto against Denki, Mina against Kirishima, Jirou against Tokoyami and me against Bakugo. The villains were Ochako, Tsuyu, Todoroki, Mina, Jirou and me while the others played as heros. Everyone else had asked to skip for whatever reason.

All I could remember was the first time with this training, when we were grouped into pairs and Bakugo was a villain. I smiled a small bit remembering that time, now it's just a twist in fate. Is this telling me I should be a villain? I stare at Bakugo who has never said a word to me since that day he apologized. Maybe, Maybe I can forgive him? Despite him destroying my reputation he was still someone I wanted to have in my life. But then again, I'm not the only persons' reputation he had destroyed that fateful day.

I refocused back in the moment and watched as each person fought like villains and realized something. Aizawa had placed the people who had better powers as villains because if they wanted to. They could be deadly villains, terrifying even. That means I could be a deadly Villain. I furrowed my brows and got lost in thought until I heard my name be spoken.

"Midoriya and Bakugo. You two are next. Head to the arena." Aizawa spoke in his usual tone of voice, not letting any other emotion slid pass besides the known fact of him being tired and over worked.

The arena was the same as usual and we had free roam of it to fight in. I took a quick look around. I needed to find myself a good advantage, one vs one against him as I am. Well I'm basically a failure. But all I need to do is outsmart him and be a little faster. Which I can do because my physique is smaller than his. Eventually my eyes came to a resting point on his figure standing on the other side of the arena. His face scowling per usual. But he didn't say anything. He was silent. No snarky comments to make about blasting me down into the ground like he always used to do. Honestly I felt sad. Sad that we have grown so far apart.

I shook my head to clear it. I'm a villain so act like it. I smirked at him as soon as the chime went off and we rushed towards each other. He immediately put both of his palms facing towards me and blasted. After watching his movements so closely I basically knew his attack pattern and easily avoided the attack by using a small amount of my quirk to jump over it. I wasn't going to attack, not yet. It's not time. Snarling he faced a palm up at my direction and blasted again. I almost wasn't able to dodge that one since I was in the air. But nonetheless I smirked at him and mocked him once I landed.

"Whats the matter Katsuki? I thought you were better than this? Did you loose your ability to fight?" I mocked him hitting the open wound adding a touch of salt onto each word. And It worked just as I planned. He got angrier and blasted himself into my direction. Aiming a kick at my head using his explosion to harden the effect of the kick. I raised my arms up blocking it, barely. I got sent flying back a few feet but somehow remained on my feet. Damn, head on hits are not a good idea. Once I regained my balance I started to run around him in circles. Let's see what this does.

He looked at me in confusion then actually spoke for once, "What The hell are you doing you shitty nerd?!" He yelled out in confusion as I continued. Getting infuriated at how I was acting he sent small but powerful blasts along the path I had created. I used a blast that landed close enough to me as a hiding point to catch my breath. I only took a second to do so before I jumped to the air and headed straight towards him fist pulled back, ready to strike him down. Unfortunately He saw me at the last moment and blasted my fist as I made contact with his hand sending the both of us backwards. Once the dust cleared I could see that the both of us had burn marks and broken arms.

"Damn" I mumbled to myself as I gripped my broken arm and held it close. I tried to avoid a head on collision, but that obviously failed. Maybe, if I-, I go to head in for another attack but instead I found myself tightly gripped in Aizawa's scarf same as Bakugo, he didn't look too pleased with either of us.

"You're supposed to remember that this is a training exercise and hold back just a tad bit. We don't need anyone dying out here." He sighed letting both of us go. "Go see recovery girl then dismiss yourselves and go home."

We did as we were told not exchanging any words. That fight was brisk but. It felt as if Bakugo wasn't on his A game like usual. I stopped walking and watch as he continued. Staring at his back, like I always used to do. Back when I longed to be a close friend of his. For some reason I missed it. I missed being yelled at by him, missed the dirty looks, the hate talk, him looking down at me. But I knew one thing for certain, I no longer looked up to him.