chapter one

me and kanao were walking through the small town behind our home. her rough, calloused hand rested in mine as we looked at all the shops. "what else is on the list?" i ask my beautiful wife next to me. "hmmm... we need carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, and some fruits from the farmers market. we also need to get some more formula for the baby." kanao said looking at our grocery list.

me and kanao had decided we wanted a child a few years after we had gotten married. we found someone to help us out with the sperm issue and boom! now we have a baby. mitsuri had begged to watch and spend time with out child vera. me and kanao took this opertunity to rest and go out on a little day date.

me and kanao walk towards the farmers market when i catch a glimpse of him. i quickly turn my head in the direction of where i saw him but didn't see anything. "i'm probably just paranoid. there's nothing to worry about. he's probably dead anyways." i think, trying to get my mind off it.

"are you okay, y/n? you seem a bit quiet." kanao asks as she squeezes my hand a bit and looks up at me. "i'm fine hunny. i'm going to get the fruit and formula while you get the vegetables and whatever else we might need. that okay?" i ask with a smile as i let go of her hand. "sounds good." she replies with a smile as we go out separate ways.

i grab all we need and go to look for kanao. i walk through the crowds of people looking for the familiar butterfly clip. i accidentally bump into someone. "oh shit, i'm sorry! are you okay?" i ask to the male that had stumbled back. "yeah i'm fine." the male says. "that voice.." i take a good hard look at the man. "oh no... not again.." i think as i finally recognize the man.

i quickly smile and run off to find my wife. when i find her, i quickly grab her hand and pull her out of the market. "kanao, he's here." i say as i lead her out of the town, back to our home. "what do you mean he's here? who's 'he'?" she asked confused. "kenji." that name alone is enough to give us both chills and quicken our pace.

"i-i though he died!?"

"i know... so did i... we all did... how the hell did he survive?"

"y/n.... what if he comes after us...?" kanao asks. i stop in my tracks. "then we will make sure he actually dies this time. i vowed to protect you and our child with my life. i will do everything possible to keep him away. especially knowing what i know now... i will murder him without mercy. i couldn't give less than a fuck if he's 'changed' or whatever. nothing can ever change what he did." i say with a stern and serious tone.

"thank you honey." kanao says with a smile as she kisses my cheek and grabs my hand as we walk back 'home'. that whole conversation was a warning. we both know he's following us. we head towards the sound estate and walk in.

"heyy! your favorite gay couple is here!" i yell upon entering the mansion. "aunties!" we hear three tiny voices yell and little stomps coming towards us. "hey kiddos! how ya doin'?" i ask as i hug the three small children. uzui had the amazing idea to have a child with each of his wives. they now had two girls and one boy who were the spitting image of them. the youngest boy, alastair, is the spitting image of uzui, the middle girl, wisteria, is the spitting image of makio, and the oldest, talia, is the spitting image of hina.

"how are you, my little ducks?" kanao asks with a smile. "we're good! mama is making lunch right now! and daddy is hanging out with uncle kyojuro!" wisteria says. "that's wonderful! don't tell your dad or uncle that were here, okay? we wanna surprise them! can you do that for us?" i ask with a wide smile. "yeah!" they all yell in unison.

me and kanao walk towards the kitchen where hinatsuru, suma, and makio were. "he's here." i say immediately as i put our grocery bags on the counter. "what do you mean he's here!? you killed him!" hina says, looking up from the stove. "yeah well that's what we all thought. i bumped into him at the market and i'm pretty sure i saw him at our wedding too. he started following us and since y'all are still ninjas and are still training, we didn't know where else to go." i say as i slide down the wall and sit on the floor.

"this is all just so fucking stressful. with the baby and all... i just don't know what to do... i don't want him to get anywhere near her... i don't know what i would do with myself if i did..." i say as i rub my hands over my face. "it's okay honey... we'll figure something out" kanao says as she pats my head. "we'll do everything we can to help! whether that's with the baby or helping get rid of him... we'll do anything to help the god parents of our children." hina says looking at me. "yeah! we'll beat his ass if he gets too close!" makio says with a mischievous grin. "haha thank you guys... you all really are the bestest of friends.." i say with a smile as i stand up and hug them.

"alright imma go annoy my brothers now!" i say as i run towards the backyard where the boys were. "UZUI~! YOUR FAVORITE GAY IS HERE~!" i yell in a sing-song voice as i run over towards the males. "Y/N!" uzui yells as he jogs over to me, engulfing me in a big hug. "haha hi!" i say hugging the male back as he picks me up and spins me around. "i've missed you y/n! how've you and kanao been!?" he asks, putting me down and pats the seat next to him for me to sit down in. "we've been pretty good! up until today that is..." i say as i quickly give kyojuro a hug.

"why's that? what happened?" kyojuro asks. i sigh deeply. "he's back." i say in a serious tone. "you killed him tho! i was the one who had to pull you off of him!" kyojuro said, surprised. "exactly... i guess i just didn't hit him hard enough." i say, crossing my arms. "i ran into him in the market and he started following us. since the girls are still working ninjas and you're a trainer now, i didn't know where else to go. me and kanao just came here cuz we knew the second he recognized the house or saw you two, he'd back off." i say slumping back in my chair.

"that makes sense. you guys can stay here tonight for extra pro caution. tomorrow, ill walk you two back." uzui says. "okay, thank you uzui." i say with a smile. "anything for my little sister" uzui says with a smile. "i'll send a crow to mitsuri to tell her we'll be back tomorrow and let her know about the incident and one to inosuke to make sure he isn't anywhere around us when we make it home." i say, talking to no one in particular.

that night, we all hung out and played games all night. it was nice seeing them again and spending time with all of them. i truly did miss them all dearly. but the thought of him still being alive and knowing our whereabouts still lurched in my mind.