chapter two

that morning, i had sent a crow out to inosuke to ask him to meet us back at the moon-flower estate. a few hours after sending the crow, the uzui family decided to walk me and kanao back to our shared estate. when we got there, we say inosuke, aoi, zenitsu, nezuko, tanjiro, and his wife talia outside.

"damn we got the whole fucking crew!" i yell as we approach the house. "y/n!!" the boys yell in unison. "wassap brothers from different mothers? how's the whole family buis goin'?" i ask and we all hug. "it's going good! me and talia are expecting our first child!" tanjiro says with a smile. "really!? imma be an aunt!?" i ash excitedly as i shove him out of the way.

"what's up sister!" i say as i walk up to talia and hug her. "nothin much! the pregnant life is definitely something tho!" she says, hugging me back. "ah i know! when kanao was pregnant, it was craving after craving!" i laugh. we all greet each other and finally head inside where mitsuri, obanai, and vera where.

"we're back!" i say upon entering the house. "welcome home! obanai is in the kitchen with the baby." mitsuri says. "alright. let's got there then so we can discuss the matter that has arisen." i say as i lead everyone to the kitchen.

"hi baby! did you enjoy spending time with lolli and pop? yeah?" i say as i pick up vera who was sitting on the counter in her bumbo. (yes i'm aware that bumbos were invented in 2001 or somewhere around there but whatever)

 (yes i'm aware that bumbos were invented in 2001 or somewhere around there but whatever)

(this is a bumbo by the way!)

i kiss the baby's chubby cheeks and hold her against my hip. everyone sits at the table and faces their attention towards me as the king go and play in the backyard.

"alright. the reason we're all here is because he's back. yes i know that a shocker because i killed him 10 years ago but i guess i didn't finish the job. now he's back and who knows what he's gonna try and do now. so what i need you guys to do is be very careful about your surroundings. who knows why he's here and what he's gonna do, let alone what he's capable of." i explain.

"so, with that being said, inosuke, can you still do your spiritual awareness thingy? i wanna make sure he's not around here. i dunno what he could do if he got a hold of kanao or the baby and even if he just lays a finger on them, i have no idea what i would do with myself." i say with a sigh.

"i got you y/n. i can still do it and i've even gotten better at it. we'll all do as much as we can to keep you guys safe." inosuke says with a determined smile.

"yeah! we'll help too!" a voice says from the door way of the kitchen. everyone turns to see sanemi and giyuu standing there, sanemis arm around giyuus waist. "ayyy!! it's our competition! say hi to your uncles vera!" i coo to the baby in my arms. vera smiles at them with her finger in her mouth. "hunny don't suck on your fingers, they're dirty." i say before handing her a teething ring. (sanegiyū 4life)

"we heard about him. i seriously regret helping kyojuro helping to pull you off him that a day." sanemi says, furrowing his brows. "okay... right now our top priority is to make sure he stays the fuck away from kanao and vera. if any of you see him, send me a crow. i'm going to be the one to finish him off." i say in a threatening tone.

~random ass time skip~

after everyone left and we made sure that he wasn't anywhere around us and everything was locked, we finally relaxed. kanao was resting her head on my lap while i stroked her hair. "do you think he'll find us..?" kanao asked suddenly. "no... and even if he does, i won't let anything happen to you or vera. you two are my top priority." i say in a calming voice as i continue to run my fingers through her hair, lightly massaging her scalp.

"knock, knock... can i join in?" a voice says from the door way to me, kanao, and jo's shared room. "you always do" i say with a smile. jo walks in and sits on the bed next to me and cuddles up against me. i lightly kiss jo's head and gently caress kanao's cheek. "i love you both so much" i whisper as i cuddle into the futon and slowly fall asleep.

~morning~

in the morning, i'm the first to wake up. i carefully get up so i don't wake the two beautiful sleeping women on either side of me. i walk to the kitchen and start making tea for me, kanao, and jo and warm up a bottle for vera. i look over to the kitchen table and notice a piece of paper.

"maybe someone left it here from last night" i think as i go to pick it up. the letter reads:

"dear y/n,
don't think i've forgotten what happened all those years ago. i will get my kanao if it's the last thing i do.
-him"

my eyes scan the note over and over again, reading and repeating the words in my mind until they're engraved. i immediately call my crow over to alert the others. i grab the warmed bottle and run back to my room where everyone was still asleep. i sigh relieved and get vera up.

i change her diaper and give her the warm bottle. i gently wake up my two wives and lead them to the kitchen, taking the baby as well. "i found this earlier. i've already alerted the others." i say and i hand the note to jo who reads it with kanao.

"he's already gotten in. who knows where he could be now"