Chapter 13.

It's Thursday night. The day before date night. And Charlotte still hadn't thought of the perfect excuse for Friday night. Somehow, she'd managed to get through the previous days amidst Kyle's staring and occasional winking, Lexi's scorning and futile attempts to humiliate her. Charlotte enjoyed every moment of this. "Should I say we're going for a midnight field trip or........visit a friend who was involved in an accident?.........No, that's too stupid. I'll escape. It'll not be easy though, I have to carefully plan it out". Charlotte said to herself.
After settling on a plan, Charlotte went to her secret wardrobe and took out the dress Brenda advised her to save for Prom Night. "This is better than Prom Night". Charlotte said to herself as she took out the dress and the pair of heels that followed. She went back to her room and got everything in order, got a few equipments, posted a few photos in social media and went down for dinner.

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. This little light of mine.......I'm gonna let it shine........". Brenda sang cheerfully as she tossed the spaghetti in the pan. " Brenda......what are you doing here?. Where's Chef Broussard?". Charlotte asked as she was stunned to Brenda making dinner. " Brenda turned to face Charlotte. "Where's Chef?....... Charlotte I told you days ago that Chef requested to see you and it was important. What could you have possibly being doing that was more important than him?". Brenda yelled. " Woah Brenda, I'm sorry okay, I forgot. Where is he now?'. Charlotte asked as Brenda turned back to her spaghetti. "He's in France. He went to visit his family. He'll be back in a couple of days". Brenda said. "Oh! Okay, I'll see him then". Charlotte turned to leave but Brenda held her back. "Charlotte. No matter what, always put your family first. Your new personality is amazing but don't give us a reason to wish for the old Charlotte. Chef was really hurt Charlotte". Brenda stated sourly. " I don't get it. Why couldn't he come to see me?". Charlotte inquired. "For God's sake Charlotte, he's being coming to see you since the day you were born. Is it too much to ask that you go to him this once?". Brenda asked and walked out of the Kitchen angrily. " I said I'll see him when he returns. Why's everyone in such a bad mood lately? . gosh". Charlotte said and offered herself a plate spaghetti.
                   It's Friday night, and Charlotte's mind began racing as she thought of all the things that could happen .During closing hours,earlier that day, Kyle had told her, he had so many surprises planned out for her. She was ecstatic and once again, Miranda tried to talk Charlotte out of it, but she would not change her mind. When it was 7:30pm, Charlotte put on some makeup, a white T-shirt, jeans and sneakers. She put her Original outfit in a bag as she commenced her escape. She tiptoed quietly downstairs. She checked the Kitchen and the coast was clear, but the living room was not. Dave and some bodyguards were seated, enjoying a live football match. She moved silently, to the kitchen, took a glass and threw it in the direction of the stairs, and they all rushed up while she made her clean escape. She was out of the building. All she had to do was leave the heavily secured gate. She wondered why there were no guards at the gate, then she remembered that they were all inside. The gate could only be opened with a particular fingerprint and retinal scan. If the wrong fingerprint or retina was scanned, it would trigger an alarm that would fill the whole building with a loud noise. She was well informed and prepared for it. She brought out a fake finger and placed it on the sensor and it was verified. She put on a contact lens in her left eye and the retinal scanner scanned her eye. It was also verified.
                 Luckily she knew the way to Andre's Coffee shop. She got there and took a sip of her coffee before dashing off to the bathroom to change to her date dress. Charlotte was lucky no one was at the Coffee shop at that time because even Andre couldn't keep his jaw from dropping.
Shortly after, Kyle entered, looking as stunning as usual, he wore a varsity jacket and black jeans with Jordan sneakers. "You look stunning". Kyle said as he kissed the back of her palm. They said goodbye to Andre as Kyle looked Charlotte in the eye and said "This is one night you'll never forget".