PROLOGUE

For once in her life, she felt heaven.

The beauty of loving someone and being loved in return. How was it? She thought once again of the memories of her past. Gusto niyang alalahanin ang munting parte sa kanyang isipan kung ano ang pakiramdam niyon. Sa tuwing tumibok ang puso niya, sa pag-init ng kanyang mga pisngi. Those small, almost unnoticed, glimmers of that word, love. Felt like a faint memory of Isla Victoria. A distant, yet so near to reach.

It was all behind her now. How many years since that unforgettable memory happened? Five years? Six? She lost count.

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife." She tried to smile. Mas natural, mas maganda. But whatever she does, she just can't bring her lips to share the happiness to everyone. Ang hirap ngumiti at makisaya sa iba. Lalo pa't minsan niya na ring pinangarap na ikasal.

"It's my wedding, sissy! Bakit mukha kang nakikipaglamay? You should smile and show them how gorgeous you are now!" Isla winced when her friend, Cherry, pinched both of her cheeks. Forcing her to smile.

Bumuntong hininga si Isla at binigyan ng totoong ngiti ang kaibigan. Halata sa mukha ni Cherry ang matinding kasiyahan sa kanyang kasal. She looked so blooming and happily in love. How does it feel like again? Gusto niyang itanong iyon sa kaibigan pero alam niyang sesermunan lang siya nito.

"Congratulations on your wedding. Wesley waited years for your ass to say yes." Cherry laughed and blushed in return. Saksi si Isla sa love story ng dalawa. Minsan na siyang nainggit sa kaibigan dahil rito. May mga tao lang talagang suwerte sa pag-ibig at mayroon namang hindi.

Love's unfair. That's an undeniable truth.

The music filled the wedding hall with a sweet vibe, encouraging the couple to have their first dance as husband and wife. Isla raised her glass and cheered along with the crowd of the subjects' relatives and friends.

Nilingon ni Isla ang kabilang parte ng hall kung saan naroon ang isang grupo ng kalalakihan. The groomsmen were having their own little world, along with their glasses of wine in their hands. Ramdam ni Isla ang titig ng isa sa mga lalaking nakikipagtawanan sa kapwa groomsmen.

She rolled her eyes and quickly sipped her drink. Mabilis siyang tumayo sa kanyang kinauupuan at lumabas. She's not really fond of crowds and parties. May pilit na munting alaala ang sumisingit sa kanyang isipan ngunit agad niyang binalewala iyon.

The garden was pretty good under the moonlight. It was filled with light bulbs and fairy lights that made the area look so magical. She commends the wedding planner and all the staff for creating such a masterpiece.

Tumigil siya sa isang swing. Hinayaan niya ang sarili niyang magmuni-muni. In three days, babalik na siyang Pilipinas. All of her stuff was packed and ready. Ang sarili niya na lang yata ang hindi pa. Just when will she be able to drag her feet in that country? Masyado nang cliche ang ginawa niyang pagpapakalayo-layo sa bansang iyon.

She liked it here. In fact, she loved Greece. There are certain reasons that made her love the place.

"It's chilly out here. Bakit ka narito? The party's not yet done." A cold, baritone voice filled her head. Naramdaman niya ang pagbalot nito ng coat sa kanyang balikat.

"You should go back there. May program para sa mga groomsmen ah."

The man just chuckled and pushed the swing gently. Hinayaan ni Isla ang lalaki na gawin iyon. The night breeze calmed her heart a little.

"Nah. Hindi ko rin ma-e-enjoy iyon."

"And why is that?" tanong niya. Saglit niyang iginilid sa kanyang balikat ang mahabang buhok.

He didn't answer. That made her look at him with curious eyes. As far as partying is concerned, he would seize the day without any worries. So why not now?

"Cause you're not there?" pabirong banat nito. She just laughed it off. Inihinto nito ang pagduyan sa kanya. He helped her get up.

"I know how to lift your mood." They walked back to the hall. Isla relaxed her body as she felt his arm wrapped around her waist.

"How?" she asked him, leaning closer to his body.

"Will a cup of chocolate and a good book do the trick?" His tantalizing eyes glimmered in the lights. Funny, how deeply he knew her so well.

"Definitely."

Just as when they reached the hall, they made their way out. The two of them quickly bid their goodbye to the newlywed and enter the car. The city that she grew to love will say its farewell any time soon.

A deep sigh escaped her lips.

"You're worried about it again, aren't you? Don't be, please. They'll learn to accept us too." He's trying to cheer her up. Ramdam ni Isla na nag-aalala ito sa kanya.

"I hope so. It's been six years now."

The ride to their apartment isn't that long. She made her way towards their bedroom and sat on the bed. Hindi nagtagal ay nakarinig siya ng tunog ng gitara. Kasunod niyon ay ang pagpasok ng lalaking nagmamahal sa kanya.

"Tutugtugan kita hanggang sa maging maayos ang pakiramdam mo. I'll get your cup and your book as well." And he did what he said.

Isla has thought how it is not fair to him when she thought how love was unfair for her. When in fact she was blessed by this man who begged for her heart and proved to her that she's able to love again.

"I don't want to read anymore." Sabi niya nang may ibang naisip. They're done changing into comfortable pajamas and now seated on their bed.

Itinabi niya ang libro sa night stand. He placed his guitar down too and brought his attention to her eyes.

"What is it? Something running in that pretty mind of yours?"

She smiled and leaned closer to his chest. His scent, she loved so much.

"Tell me a story."

"What story?" he put his gaze on her.

"The story about how we met?"