07

The absence of Arya in this castle was noticeable. At least, Aryzath thought so as he walked past the usual large windows spanning from ceiling to floor and showcasing the rose gardens outside. Often her favourite place to linger, he could almost see her figure standing there to gaze at Mother Moon and smile. As if she had been personally talking to the light and listening in return what she had to say.

It wouldn't surprise him if that had indeed been the case.

She was now a Seer.

To be someone as special as that, only the creature who was handpicked to be recognised by Celestial Angels could bear the weight of such gift. But what use of it to be unique when her fate was sealed to be used as a pawn for Sire.

Aryzath took a few steps to the windows, tilting his head upwards to stare right at Mother Moon and her glorious white light, almost rivalling the sun. It was exceptionally bright tonight. If he let himself believe it, he could be persuaded that she was trying to chase away the lingering shadows of a sister he once had. Of the darkness that had been close to taking over the crevices of his mind since she left.

A soft breath left his lips as he placed his right hand on the cool glass. But even the chill couldn't shock him back to himself. His only family was no longer by his side.

He was truly alone now.

"Why did you bestow her such gift," he whispered to what he hoped was Mother Moon — listening to him and his heart. "If you truly care for us, why'd you give her such a terrible... curse."

There was no answer.

He wasn't expecting one but the silence nevertheless was crushing. In this darkened hallway with nothing but the light from the moon and not a sound from now sleeping servants — the weight of now having to know his whole life was changing was too much to hold onto. For a brief moment, he considered setting this whole place alight.

Turn into the Dragonkind that he had been constantly accused of being of — selfish, arrogant, uncaring of anyone but himself.

Into ashes his kingdom could fall and maybe this pain and hollowness in his chest would disappear.

Just as the thoughts crossed his mind, wind blew across his gardens and caused every tiny leaves and flowers to shake. Everything moved and some grass that were no longer in the ground moved to his left. The scene before him that had been so still came to life with just one flick of a large gust of air.

His heart tightened his chest as his eyes found the familiar pathway that would leave his kingdom behind and into the depths of the forest where he could truly be himself.

Ilayda's face appeared before his vision just for a second.

Following suit was this buzzing underneath his skin and a sudden urge that came alight from the depths of his body, overtaking every inch of him. Taking a step back, he dropped his hand to his sides.

She had been cruel but completely true in what she had accused his kind of doing.

Arya's tearful eyes that she had tried to hide from him even as she left made him walk. He went down the hallway that would lead him out of this foreboding castle, too large and too imposing. The rose gardens smelt of flowers, sweet and fresh but they weren't why he was here. Mother Moon's light drenched him from head to toe, acting as his guidance as he forced his body to move down the pathway into the forest.

He knew that there was highly a chance he'd be able to see Ilayda again.

It had been a week since the last time he saw her, occupied with his sister's leaving to pay any more attention to the Tünder. But here he was back again... like a fool he was. His heart skipped a beat at a particular turn into the woods. The buzzing underneath his skin increased just a tad but enough to be noticeable.