Chapter 5: The date

Kazuha POV

I woke up with the worst back pain I've ever had. And something holding me- oh. I can feel my face heat up remembering what happened last night.

I check my phone for the time, since I have a date at 1pm. Luckily, it's only 10pm. A lot of missed calls from my grandma, 2 from my sister, and.. 1 FROM MY MOM? She rarely contacts me because she's so busy so obviously I call back.

(Mama- Beidou
Mom- Ningguang)

"Hello? Mom?" I say as soon as she picks up.

"KAZUHA! How have you been?"

"Oh! Hi mama! I've been doing decently lately, how about you and mom?"

"Personally, I'm doing great! Works been really stressful though." She sighs.

"Same on my end." I also sigh.

"Awh, sorry we're barely around. Wish we could spend more time with you. And, oh yeah Ningguang is doing decently as well. We got a 2 day break so she's been relaxing. Oh! Work is nearly done too! So we'll be coming home in a few weeks to a month. There's no set date yet."

"That's great to hear! And I'm so happy I can finally see you guys again it's been years now."

"I knowwww, we miss you so much! Hmm, Kazuha, you're 23 now right?"

"Yup."

"Do you have a girlfriend yet?"

Right, my parents don't know I'm gay cause I didn't have a chance to come out.

"Actually, grandma set me up to marry the daughter of a millionaire to help the business. I'm going on my first date with her today."

"Interesting, I just hope you love her though, you know what your mom went through."

"A-Ah yeah."

"We'll meet her when we go back home, I'll be the judge to see if she's good for my baby boy."

"M-Mama...  On terms of your baby, why haven't you asked about Xinyan yet?"

"I called her first! Y'know cause you didn't answer me!"

"Sorry mama, I was busy."

"I'm joking!" Beidou chuckles.

"Well, I have to get ready for later, it was nice talking to you for the first time in a while!"

"Bye bye Kazuha!"

I hang up.

"Mmm... Kazuha?" Kunikuzushi mumbles, still half asleep.

"Oh! Sorry was I loud? Sorry if I woke you."

"Nah, it's ok. How are you feeling?"

"O-Oh, my back hurts really badly."

"Sorry bout that, I don't know how to help with that but I'll give you a massage before you shower."

"Mmm deal."

And so I get a free massage from my b...boyfriend and it was so good I nearly fell asleep.

"M'kay done! I can help you shower if you can't get up."

"That would be much appreciated but I think I'll be fine."

"If ya say so."

I get up perfectly fine, despite my severe back pain. So I walk into the shower and get my shit done so I can go home to get ready and get the date over with.

I get out the shower and look myself in the mirror. 'Fuck, he left such visible marks.' I think to myself as I get dressed and dry my hair.

"Kuni, it's your turn. I'm busy today so I dunno if I'll see you later today but we can leave the hotel together. I already paid and you can spend as much time with me when we're both free. Plus I'll be at your concert with my sister in 2 days."