𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮

Taehyung

I rested my hand on my knee as the helicopter flew toward the train station, checking my phone every so often to make sure that the location was still active. When Y/n had called me, I wasn't going to lie. I was surprised as hell.

After a week of not talking to her, her voice had sounded like blessed relief. She was alive.

I had told her I didn't care about her, that I only wanted our children. She had betrayed me in the worst way, exposing what was to be a business venture to make me a shit ton of money.

Now I had business investors breathing down my neck because I had given them my blessing on the venture, worried that they, too, might end up in some crazy federal investigation.

All because my wife didn't like the fact that I wasn't holding true to my word.

I should still be pissed at her.

So why the fuck wouldn't my damn heart let me stay mad at her? "Can't this thing go any faster?" I growled into the headset that I was wearing.

Jungkook chuckled, his eyes watching me from the seat across from me. "I really don't think you can make it go any faster, 깡패."

I shot him a dark look before looking out the window at the passing scenery. Somewhere down below, there was a trio of SUVs, full of my own men, heading to the station, but I had chosen the air, needing to get there as soon as possible. After months of attempting to find the woman who had taken my wife and children and nearly had me killed, I was on the verge of having her in my grasp.

To exact my revenge on someone I trusted. I could almost taste the blood I would spill, her fear slicing through my veins as she realised what kind of monster I could be. Mia had betrayed me, and once I was done with her, she would wish for death.

I would be her executioner.

But there was another reason for me to reach that station. It was because my wife was there. She had somehow avoided Baekhyun's men, kept herself out of danger, and if it hadn't been for her chance encounter with Mia, I might still be staying awake at night.

Worrying.

I hated that I worried about Y/n and her safety. I worried that maybe I had pushed her too far, regret hanging heavily on my black soul. I shouldn't have done what I did, but I couldn't erase it.

What I could do is attempt to fix it the best I could.

The penthouse wasn't the same without her. I found myself moving through it at night, after the children had gone to bed, and wishing for the sound of her laughter just once, or to find her in the kitchen, waiting with a glass of wine for me.

I missed her touch, her kiss, the breathy sighs she made when I touched her in the right places.

I missed the hell out of my wife, and Jungkook was the only one who knew that particular fact. I had hidden her disappearance from everyone, refusing to let any guards in the penthouse except Jungkook. Of course, their nanny knew, but she was being paid handsomely for her silence.

Still, I wasn't beyond the fact that she shot daggers at me every time I addressed her. They all thought me to be a cold monster, and honestly, without Y/n in my life, I was.

I fucking hated who I had become.

"What are you going to say to her?"

I looked up at the man who had ensured my safety repeatedly, scowling at him. "I'm not going to talk to her."

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Not Mia. What are you going to say to Y/n?"

I shifted in my seat, checking my phone and feeling the thrum of relief at seeing that she was still in the same spot. "I don't know," I drawled. "I imagine something along the lines of 'give her to me.'"