A Needed Talk...

art by: oneseimzer
YouTube:rezmei seno

_________________

Anne POV

I wake up, hearing some clanking armor come down the stairs, entering this makeshift hideout. I get out of my bed and peak my head out of the curtain doorway to see Sasha and the frogs who left a while ago. There back and all dirty. What was she doing? Another mission? I just gently lean my head on the side of the doorway and just watch, seeing what they'll do. Sasha doesn't even speak and heads straight to the showers. They way she walks is so distinctive. You can tell she's carrying the world on her shoulders. It's so easy to read what she's feeling when she thinks she alone. It the only time she lets her guard down, even if it was for a few seconds.

She walks right into the showers. I should wait until she's out. I've waited this long, and everyone deserves a peaceful shower. At least this give me time to think about what I'm going to say to her. She comes back inside after being awake for more than a day. I'm worried she might not sleep again and go straight to planning. Maybe she just needs a good hug, and needs some reassurance, I know I do.

-time skip-

I was laying on my bed, just staring at the ceiling. I haven't even noticed its been an hour. I was so lost in my thoughts, I forgot to listen to the shower. Nothing but silence, that's all that fills the caves right now. I finally get up taking a deep breathe and leave my room. The cave is dimly lit, except Sasha's room. Her room must have so many candles lit, meaning she's not going to sleep anytime soon. I start to walk over, and once I get in front of her room, I stop to listen. I can hear her scrubbing something? Maybe it's her armor or her swords. Well that makes sense since most of her armor can absorb liquids.
I just wear metal. But what am I going to say to her. I could just say how i've been feeling recently. She not the only one thats stressed about everything. I take a deep breathe and walk into her room. It's how you'd expect a warriors room to look like. A rack of weapons on the back wall, her bed on the left wall, sitting right in the middle, covered in furs I assume are her blankets and pillows. She has a table with some chairs in the middle of the room. The table has some papers on it but are right now occupied mostly with Sasha's armor.

I can see she's in some old style tunic and trousers. It's cute on her, and fits nicely. It really shows her muscle growth. Damn, I keep forgetting Sasha isn't some skinny kid like me anymore. She's been gaining a lot of muscle from her endless battles and non-stop training. Her arms are covered with scratches and scars, forever proof of the life she has lived, and a dangerous life at that. She's been living the warrior lifestyle since we've gotten trapped here, unlike me who's just been helping out on a farm. It's been almost a year that we have started our separate journeys in Amphibia.....

I snap out of my thoughts when I see Sasha look toward me quickly, avoiding eye contact. I still saw the bags under her eyes, her lips dry and pale. Even in the state she's in, I can't help but see an angel. A very muscular angel at that. She blushes for a moment, but immediately looks back at her cape. Sasha is scrubbing her cape in a small bucket in front of her. She has to lean down to use the bucket, which is making her have a hunched back. This only helps show off her back muscle growth. Sasha tenses up, getting ready to say something.

"What's up Anne, do you need something?.... are you ok?"

Sasha said it with such a worn out voice, you could almost mistake it for an emotionless voice. I'm worried she won't sleep tonight either even though she looks fatigued. I doubt I'll get good sleep tonight since I'm already up again. I get back my composure and walk towards her. However she doesn't budge to my movement, and continues scrub her cape but with more speed. She doesn't even look at me or stops what she's doing. I backoff and decide to sit on her bed. This leaves her in the middle of the room, her back facing me. I finally respond after a few seconds pass.