003,

EPISODE TWO

EPISODE TWO.
trick or treat, freak.

NOVA WAS extremely excited to celebrate halloween this year. she had already planned her outfit as laurie strode from the halloween movie, whilst max was dressing up as michael myers.

nova and max had been at hawkins middle for around two weeks now, every day was the same, including lucas and dustin watching their every move. it was finally halloween, and the two got a ride from billy, and rushed into school, not wanting to stay in the car any longer.

"you excited? i'm so shocked you're actually agreeing to have matching outfits." nova laughed as she rubbed the purple bruise under her plaid shirt to stop the pain. last week, nova forgot to tell her dad she was at the arcade for the afternoon, and biked home, and she had to face the consequences for her actions.

"yeah, yeah. don't keep reminding me, i might change my mind." max smirked as she skated in the halls, nova noticed lucas and dustin, wearing ghostbusters outfits, watching them with puppy eyes. she chuckled at max's words and reached her locker.

"c'mon. we got math first." nova slammed her locker, not noticing lucas and dustin jumping and deciding to speak to them after, as max agreed and the two teens walked through the halls to their class.

THEIR FIRST class went pretty quickly, nova didn't pay attention much, and hurried out as quickly as she could before heading to her locker. max followed as she for her books out.

she frowned as she saw lucas and dustin approach her with wide grins as she raised a brow. max also pulled an annoyed yet confused face. "hi, nova and max! i'm dustin, and this is—"

"i'm lucas." lucas smiled at nova with wide eyes as nova let a tiny smile fall onto her lips at the boy infront of her . dustin and max glanced at both of them weirdly before max spoke up.

"yeah, we know. the stalkers." she said with a blank face as nova and lucas were still smiling at each other. max rolled her eyes at nova.

"uh..no. actually..we weren't stalking you." lucas scratched his eyebrow as max and nova looked at them with raised brows. "no, we were just concerned because, you're new and all." dustin spoke.

"yeah, yeah! for your safety." lucas nodded with a smile as nova pulled a face, "our safety?"

"mhm! there are a lot of bullies here." dustin began as lucas nodded his head vigorously, "so many bullies, i-it's crazy!"

"is that why you're wearing proton packs?" nova questioned, eyeing the boys costumes as their faces dropped in horror.

"w-well, these don't function. but..i do have this handy-dandy little trap here. and look! it evens opens and closes. look, look, look.." dustin grinned as he showed his trap with a proud smile as lucas face palmed in embarrassment but nova smiled lightly.

"it's cool. right?" dustin grinned as max stared blankly at him.

"no? okay...but, um. so we were talking last night, and you're new here, so you probably don't have any friends to take you trick-or-treating, and you're scared of bullies, so we were thinking that it would be okay if you come with us." dustin spoke with a smile as lucas smiled awkwardly.

"... 'it would be okay' " max pulled a face as dustin nodded, "yeah! our party's a democracy, the majority voted you two could come. plus, lucas here totally has a crush on nova."

"dude! shut up. no way." lucas smacked dustins head as dustin yelped. "we didn't realise it was such an honour to go trick-or-treating with you." max smirked as nova had a light blush on her cheeks.

"yeah! well, we know where to get the full-sized candy bars. we figured you'd want in." dustin smiled.

nova pulled a face, "that's presumptuous of you both."

lucas' face dropped as max smirked and dustin just smiled widely, "uh..yeah. totally. so, um, you'll both come?"

nova rolled her eyes with a small smile as she shut her locker and walked away with max. "we're meeting at the maple street cul-de-sac at seven o'clock...that's seven on the dot!" dustin called out after them as both girls shared a look.

nova chuckled quietly to herself as she heard dustin yelling lucas' name and asking if her calling them 'presumptuous' was a good or bad thing. lucas, just walked away ignoring him, still in shock nova had actually spoken to him.

lucas already being in love sends me