Time for the date.

There is no time left. Our date will begin any minute. Doubt creeping into my mind as I process the advice I have gathered.

I should've wore a flasher
outfit to impress them.
Maybe I should have got,
an animal to bring with me..
Oh I completely forgot to get a gift!

The wisteria hanging above me as it sways in the wind. The sun casting a warm hue as it grows closer to setting below the horizon. My heart is pounding with suspense. Every step I take the anxiety grows and the fear that I wouldn't be good enough.

The plan is to stroll through the wisteria before dinner together as Mitsuri instructed.

I still don't understand how to tease them without hurting their feelings...

Sweat rolling down my neck as I become nervous. Taking in several deep breaths as I search the area. Almost instantly my panic disappearing once my gaze finds you.

All the advice I have been gathering instantly becomes very clear. What I need to do during this date and how to express my feelings. It was hidden within each person's advice.

Giyuu said to follow my heart and in this moment I understand completely. You are my future. I don't hesitate any longer as I begin walking in your direction.

Sanemi and Rengoku both mentioned to not waste time... Should I confess my deep feelings?

I don't need flashy clothes to impress you...
or impressive gifts to give.
I just need to be myself.

I can't help but smile with relief. Taking in a deep breath as I roll my shoulders back. This will be the night I profess my deepest feelings. I shout your name and wave to get your attention.

 I shout your name and wave to get your attention

"Wow, Tanjiro. I like your outfit." Your smile is like a breath of fresh air.

"Thank you. I wanted to impress you." I confess.

Wrapping your arm around my elbow as I lead the way. Feeling you leaning against me as we walk together. Giving a nervous chuckle you say, "You alway impress me. I appreciate that you dressed up for our date but I like you just as you are."

Another sigh of relief, "Thank you. I've actually spent the last day asking all the Hashira and my friends for advice."

"Advice? About me.. for this date?"

"Yes. I've been very anxious about it honestly. I am still surprised you agreed to this and I just want to make you happy." The breeze playing with my hair.

"You do make me happy, Tanjiro." Tugging me to a stop as your hand slid down my arm to hold my mine. "I wouldn't want to be with anyone else."

Smoothly I grab ahold of your other hand as purple wisteria petals danced in the wind. Boldly I confess, "Your my best friend. Every moment I spend at your side fills me with joy. I'm happiest when I'm with you. Except I want to be more for you."

Leaning forward I can feel your breath against me. Gently squeezing your hands as I continue to say, "I can not promise a long life or a peaceful one. I don't own much ... so I don't have much to offer but I can promise the best of me. I promise to be there for you. To help you in any way. I will always protect you and keep you safe. To make you smile on hard days. Will you accept me as yours?"

I don't notice that I am holding my breath until I hear your answer. "Nothing would make me happier than you. Yes Tanjiro. I am yours and you are mine."

I pull you into my arms. Without warning my lips find yours. Gentleness fading to a wild desire. Heat burning throughout my body. The kiss sending shivers down my spine.

Pulling you harder against my body. Your lips are like nothing I've ever experienced. I've never wanted anyone like this before. The desire is burning. Your scent is overwhelming bliss as I tilt my head deepening our kiss.

Breaking apart to gasp for air as I stare into your gorgeous eyes. "I love you."

"