Happy Fuckin' New Year's

"The fuck are we doin' here?" I looked to the right of me, out the window. Oh shit the New Year's party! Heeeey, actually this is the perfect fucking distraction I need..

"I got some things to take care of. Leslie, when Ash gets you, can y'all just do as told?" He sounded like a parent, tried after a long days work with the kids. I waved a hand at him, already out the car.

"I will!" This was more than likely I lie but, we'll see, right? I made my way quickly into the building, the others finally getting out of the car. I rushed inside, quick to make my way to the kitchen. I shoved past the sea of people, thankful to be small in situations such as this. I stopped at the counter, grabbing a red solo cup from the stockpile of them. I grabbed a random bottle of alcohol, getting ready to pour it before stopping, turning to look at the eyes I felt on me. My eyes narrowed, Nate leaning against the wall staring at me intensely. I pour my drink finally turning back to the cup.

"No hard feels, right?" I wasn't sure if he was talking about the whole Jules situation and assumed I knew, or for ratting Fezco out to the cops, but to ask as if it were almost a game to him? That's what really pissed me off. I stopped pouring my drink a second, giving him a quick death glare, resuming my pouring once again.

"Oh well.. Guess you should just be lucky I haven't told your brother where you've been staying." I nodded my head in fake agreement, finally filling my cup up. I put the bottle down on the counter, picking my cup up as I stood close to him.

"You ever, fucking insult, hurt, or even threaten Fezco- or Jules again.. I'll fucking ruin you Nate." He kept quiet this time, keeping eye contact as I finally made my way past him. I downed my drink making my way through the party, wanting to make as much distance between Nate and I as possible. Someone pulled me to a quick stop.

"Leslie! Hey! Have you seen Cassie at all?" I looked, Lexi on the side of me, holding the sleeve to my shirt. I pulled the cup back, shaking my head with a mouth full. She threw her head back, obviously giving up.

"Hey you okay?" I blinked, mind not wanting to concentrate on anything right now, other than forgetting. I nodded, taking another gulp of my drink.

"Are you?" I asked instead, clearly trying to redirect this conversation. She sighed, shrugging exaggeratingly.

"I'm fine. Cassie jumped out of the car, now she won't answer her phone." She ranted, causing me to raise a brow.

"Lexi, I'mma say this because I love you and I've had a long night.. But just go have some fucking fun, well ya? Stop worrying about Cassie, she's gonna fuck up regardless if your there or not, let her deal with it." I shrugged. I felt bad, but at the same time I didn't. I think that's what made me feel worst. Lexi deserves to have fun for once, not having to worry about what the hell Cassie's gonna do all the time. What drama's next, it's not fair to Lex. She looked at me shock for a second, giving a small half smile as she rest a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you sure your okay?" I shook my head, shoving her off me a bit playfully.

"Lexi. Please. Go have fun. Meet someone. Have a drink. I know I'm sure as hell going to." She quickly gripped my arm shocked, looking at me weirdly.

"Wait, meet someone? What about you and Ash?" I scoffed, pulling away from her.

"I didn't actually mean meet someone. And Ash and I are absolutely nothing. But who knows, the nights still young, maybe I'll get lucky and meet someone fun." I joked, finishing my cup, leaving her there questioning me. I made my way back for more liquor, a death glare sent towards Nate on the far opposite of the kitchen, staring off towards the bathroom before returning a look to me. I narrowed my eyes, just grabbing the bottle instead and walking off. I drank what was in my cup, the loud pulse of the music beating away my anxieties. I danced a bit, gulping down the drink in my spot, ignoring everyone around me.