21

[One World, One People]

Bucky and Rosie were waiting outside the GRC building. A reporter was informing the city of what was going on, but Rosie wasn't listening.

Sam said over the radio, "I'm almost there."

"What's the plan?" Bucky asked.

"Karli's gotta be close. Keep your eyes open."

"Yeah, well, it could be anybody," Rosie reasoned.

"Sergeant Barnes. Agent Barnes," an officer called.

"And by the way, I called in some backup."

"Excuse me, sir, ma'am," an officer said from behind. "Are you supposed to be here?" Bucky and Rosie looked at the person with a puzzled expression.

The officer pressed the side of their face and removed a facial screen to reveal Sharon Carter. "It's me."

"Sharon, what the hell are you doing here?" Bucky asked.

"Relax. No one's looking for me here."

"Do I hear Sharon?" Sam asked.

"Unfortunately," Bucky and Rosie replied.

"Hey, Sam," Sharon said with a chuckle. "I thought I'd get the band back together."

"Thank you. You're risking a lot coming here."

"I hear pardons aren't all they're cracked up to be anyway."

Bucky and Rosie shrugged. "Depends on the therapist."

"They're gonna move on the building soon," Sam warned. "Be ready."

---

Sam got close to the building and started flying around as he looked for a safe place to enter. He saw a man in a black mask in front of a group people and threw his shield through the window, hitting the man before smashing the rest of the way through the window.

"Sharon, Bucky, Rosie, what's going on on your end?" Sam asked.

"Nothing," Bucky and Rosie replied. "All quiet."

As Sam walked up to a group of men, one stopped him and said, "I'm sorry, wait. Who are you?"

"I'm Captain America," Sam said.

"I thought Captain America was on the Moon."

"No one's moving toward the building," Sharon informed.

"Karli's not coming in. She's trying to force everybody out."

"East evac teams..."

"It's a misdirect. We gotta keep everybody inside." Sam grunted as he was kicked back.

"You cost me a lot of money. I wonder how much I can get for your new bird costume," Batroc said.

"Maybe a baguette and a few French fries," Sam sassed, getting attacked in return and he grunted.

"The robes don't make the mask," he answered in French, kicking at Captain America.

"You guys are gonna have to do something." Bucky, Rosie and Sharon were walking through a metal detector; Bucky first, then Rosie and lastly, Sharon. "Don't let 'em out of the building."

As Sharon walked through, the metal detector beeped and she said, "Oops."

Bucky and Rosie noticed one of the Flag Smashers walking from behind glass and the former said, "Here's one of them. Rosie and I'll get the evac." He and Rosie walked away.