Chapter IV

The carriage slowly moved along a rocky road. The wooden wheels made noise with every small stone they hit but it did not seem to bother the siblings. Helltin was too busy sketching, while Zea only kept thinking of the worst. Keeping her eyes locked on the outside world, the young royal tried to distract herself. If hell was a real place on Earth, could it be called Aggeris? Zea shook the idea out of her head. For now, all the girl wanted was to look at how the trees swayed, flowers bloomed and the small rays of sunshine lit up the woods.

Quickly they reached the Collis kingdom. With one last deep breath, Zea stepped out of the carriage and faced her fate. Of course, Helltin was right there next to her. But the mere thought of what is going to happen here, sent shivers down her spine. Yet this was the duty of the royals. To escape it – impossible. Nevertheless, the future Queen took the first step to go to the castle. Her walk – confident, her head – held up high, showing everyone – a strong leader was in town.

Whispers followed the footsteps of the young royals. Zea's long coat seemed like a cape. Wind tousled the princess's curly hair. Everyone stopped and looked. And, how could they not? After all, the princess and prince of Aggeris were here. The dangerous look in their eyes, showed that they mean business. And no one will dare to stand in the way. The rumours were true. Brother and sister were of amazing grace and beauty. It seemed like the gods created them in their imagination. Perfect, was the only word fit to describe Zea and Helltin.

It didn't take long to reach the doorstep of the Collis castle. The huge doors opened, revealing a grand entrance to the throne room where the King of Collis and his daughter were waiting. The two entered the room and bowed. The king's daughter did the same, while the King only nodded his head.

"I am happy to see you both made it here safely. "He gave a quick glance to the princess standing next to him. At first, she couldn't understand what was wanted of her. But quickly realised and introduced herself.

"Good day, I am Evanora. The princess of Collis and next in line to be the Queen."

Evanora looked like an angel painted by the greatest painter of all time. Her curly hair fell on her shoulders, she had warm light brown skin. Eyes, full of life and joy, were the colour of umber. She wore a white blouse and a light green long skirt on which were many flowers and leaves. While Zea was the complete opposite. Wearing a black button up, dark brown striped vest and pants that were similar in colour with dark oak. Her wavy hair let loose, a bit messy. Dark emerald eyes, with only a small spark.

"Good afternoon. I am Zea, the future queen of Aggeris." She turned a bit to point with her hand to Helltin "This is Helltin, my brother. We are grateful that you invited us to come stay. " Turning back to fully face the King and Princess.

King gave a small smile. "You're welcome. May your stay be pleasant. "

After a bit of talking, maids escorted Zea and Helltin to their rooms. The rooms were full of natural light, decorated with flowers, bookshelves, and paintings. They were very cosy and welcoming but one thing couldn't leave Zea's head. Or rather, someone couldn't leave her thoughts alone. How can someone be this beautiful? Angelic like. This was the first time that Zea felt amazed by someone, astonished by the beauty of Evanora. Her breath was taken away. What is this foreign feeling? Maybe one day, Zea will understand. For now she needed to focus on settling in. But little did Zea know that Evanora was also shocked. The princess of Collis had never seen someone as confident and sure of themselves as Zea was. The guest from the neighbouring country was truly mysterious and full of secrets. That Evanora could not wait to find out.