four. the tomb

"Come on, you gotta wake up

"Come on, you gotta wake up." Lucia aggressively shook Steven's body, Layla tried her best to come up with a plan, the night was growing colder and they were nowhere near their car to get away from this place.

"Lucia, can you help me? Let's see if we can lift him." Layla said, grabbing Steven's body from his arms, the brunette hurried along and stood in front of his legs, grabbing underneath him, they tried at the same time to lift him.

"He's too heavy." Lucia huffed, dropping the body she wasn't used to lifting someone like this. "There's gotta be another way Layla." Interrupted by bright lights behind her, Lucia looked back, both women noticed a vehicle approaching them. "What now?" She asked trying to lift him, bullets hit around them, meeting the sand in an instant. "Roll him over instead Layla." She said after cursing a few times and praying that they didn't die here. The two of them rolled him down the small sand cliff, Steven laid down on his face, Layla and Lucia stopped moving to see if the vehicle would follow.

"Come with me, I've got a plan." Layla said and hurried down towards their car. Lucia was behind her hiding on the side of the vehicle next to Layla. All they could see was a bright light from the car they were using to see better. "We will turn around, you get into the front seats and hide, close the door behind you too." Layla whispered at the brunette, nodding her head she did as told.

Lucia was quick and quiet to do what she had to do, when she was just on the other side of the car, she opened the driver's door, let herself in, and hid between the seat and the steering wheel, she covered her mouth trying to stop the sounds of her heavy breathing.

"I am gonna do something to distract them, Lucia, the moment they leave Marc's body, you run to him and try to wake him up or pull him back to safety, okay?" Layla whispered as the vehicle drove around them, peeking around hoping to catch something off.

"Yeah, totally got it." Lucia nodded her head and mentally prepared herself for this small adventure of running and pulling someone's — extremely heavy — body to safety.

A conversation in another language was heard, indicating to the two women that their attention was now shifted to the body laying in the sand, the body Lucia had to save.

"Okay, I'm moving, count until ten after I got out, and then you make the run of your life." Layla added a new order, Lucia was quick to mentally write it down, she waited patiently as Layla got out of the car, in seconds she saw a red light on the other side, this was the sign, slowly she opened the door, her eyes never leaving her focus from the car approaching the other woman. She waited a moment until Lucia was out of their sight, Layla was already behind her with another flare. "Run, now." She whispered, and did as told, Lucia ran as fast as she could, kneeling beside Steven.

"Steven? Wake up." Lucia whispered shaking his body aggressively. "I am so sorry about this." Taking a deep breath in, the brunette smacked his cheek, right at that moment, a loud explosion was heard behind them.