EIGHT

Marc, Layla, and Vera walked the streets of Cairo as they decided that with the extra time they had they were going to find Dreykov.

Vera squinted as she looked over the crowds, trying to find something to give her a lead. 

"What exactly are we looking for?" Layla asked skimming through the crowd and Vera pulled out her phone and pulled up a screen of the HYDRA symbol and spoke, showing it to Layla and Marc.

"Anyone who has this tattooed on them. HYDRA are a Nazi based that it hell bent on world domination. The Red Room was a top secret program that was created by the Soviet Union. I was sent on a mission in 2013 dealing with The Winter Soldier. We were sent on a mission off the outskirts in Cairo. We went against a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and many leaders from the Ten Rings who were sent here. When S.H.I.E.L.D. was compromised by HYDRA a year later, I was sent in after the Winter Soldier to bring the company down. HYDRA in the end was decimated and some agents scattered throughout the world, trying to bring it back to life." She said glancing up at Marc and then she spoke softly, as they walked near the buildings.

"There's some people here in Cairo that will have anything we need to know about Dreykov. He kidnapped three girls in hopes of trying to bring the Red Room back. The only difference is, this time people are aware of the issue at hand." She said before anything else could happen, a hand wrapped around her arm and dragged her into the alleyway. Vera's instincts went into fight mode and she grabbed whoever it was and pushed them against the wall.

"Vera!" Marc yelled and him and Layla rushed after her.

Before anything else could happen she threw a roundhouse kick and they fell to the floor. She grabbed her legs and put her attacker in a triangle choke, squeezing her legs tighter around her assailants neck. 

She felt the hand of the attack hit her leg as if they were trying to get a truce and Vera looked down and saw Yelena, who gasped for air.

"What the hell Yelena!" Vera yelled and Yelena let out a breathy laugh and spoke.

"Squeeze a little less next time, sis." She said, her Russian accents sounding natural to Vera.

Layla rushed over to Vera who was seated on the sand in the alley and she looked at Yelena and then back at Marc.

"Don't sneak up on me like that." She said and cursed in Russian and she stood up from her spot on the floor.

"What are you doing here?" Vera asked looking at her older sister and Yelena stood up from the ground and looked at Vera.

"Sean was trying to speak to you after Elle explained that Dreykov used a form of Red Dust on you." Yelena said, sounding almost worried and Vera scoffed and spoke.

"I handled it fine." She said and Marc let out a soft laugh and shook his head. Yelena looked at him and then Layla and she smiled and smirked.

"I'm Yelena by the way." She said to Marc and he gave her a fake smile and Vera rolled her eyes and walked back out into the street, knowing Yelena was behind her.

"If you know anything about Dreykov say it. If not, leave." She said and Yelena furrowed her eyebrows inwards and Marc spoke.

"Has she always been like this?" He asked and Yelena nodded and spoke to Vera as Marc and Layla walked next to her.

"I found a small HYDRA base. It consists of only twenty people, located near the outskirts of Cairo." She said and Vera looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

"Who's in charge?" She asked and Yelena crossed her arms over her chest and looked down at Vera's booted feet.

"Stepanov." She said and Vera's eyebrows shot upwards and she shook her head.