Prologue: Heroes, Villains & All In-Between

Author's Note: I'm new to this so I'd appreciate some criticism on my writing. Anyway, enjoy the first part of this story!

Cookie Run Kingdom & Cookie Run: OvenBreak belong to Devsisters

--------------------------------------------------------------

Long ago, in a land filled to the brim with cookies of all kinds. Five cookies were blessed with the Purest of Soul Jam, these cookies were: Golden Cheese Cookie, Dark Cacao Cookie, Hollyberry Cookie, White Lily Cookie & Pure Vanilla Cookie.

Together, they protected Earth Bread and ruled over the cookies in hopes of prosperity... But this was not fated to last.

[Current Location: Collapsing Vanilla Castle]

"Pure Vanilla! What on Earth Bread is happening?!", shouted Golden Cheese.

"Who would do such a thing?", asked the quiet White Lily.

"|]¢√|^|{  €|\|¢|=|¢√|\|π|^€~~  €°°|{•€, she attacked the kingdom while I was away", responded Pure Vanilla.

"Tch, only a coward would attack when their enemy is away", Dark Cacao remarked coldly.

Hollyberry quickly spoke, "Well? Lets move, the culprit is bound to still be around".

They ran across the now collapsing corridors of the once beautiful Vanilla Castle fighting hoards of cake enemies, eventually they reached the end of the corridor and faced...

                    Dark Enchantress Cookie

En woke up in cold sweat, gasping while making sense of why this specific nightmare had come back to her. "Ugh, and it had to be on Conference Day", she grumbled. She got up from bed, took a shower and got ready. She walked downstairs to find other cookies already at the table, having finished their breakfast.

"Oh En, I see you're awake", spoke a red cookie that resembled pomegranates. "It isn't like you to sleep in... But it seems it's one of those days", the red cookie continued.

En sighed, "You would be correct to assume that, Pomegranate Cookie", she answered as she walked over to the table and took a seat on the only empty chair and started eating her breakfast.

"You know, you still never told us much about what happened En", this time it was a rather colourful cookie with accents of yellow and white in their toppings and a crown like accessory made of a strawberry and some white frosting.

"Strawberry Crepe Cookie, how many times do we have to repeat this to you? Our guardian will tell the rest of us of her past when she feels ready! Why must you always try and pry it out her mouth?", came the somewhat annoyed voice of a red, white and black cookie whose right arm seemed to be made of cake.

"Umm guys, there's no need to start an argument, in the morning too", spoke the grim looking cookie with dreadlock like toppings on their head, "Besides, today is Conference Day. We have to be at our best if we want to settle things with the ancients peacefully and starting the day off with a bad mood would likely end in disaster since someone tends to get sassy when they're upset".

"Alright Strawberry Crepe and Red Velvet Cookie... Please stop arguing and Licorice Cookie; while you do have a point, that is simply adding more fuel to the fire", responds a dark coloured cookie with a hint of white in the toppings.

Pomegranate Cookie simply stayed silent as the scene unfolded all the while shaking her head in disappointment. En, on the other hand, was more focused on a little cookie that looked to be based off of a mushroom of sorts while she ate.

"---you always have to shove yourself into other cookie's buisness', don't you?", It was Licorice Cookie that continued the argument. "Well, it's not my fault I get curious about other cookies!", Strawberry Crepe Cookie defended.

"Dark Choco, what are they arguing about?", questioned the mushroom based cookie.

"Ok, that is enough commotion in the house!", announced En as she finished eating. The cookie's arguing stopped almost instantaneously and they suddenly found ground to be quite interesting.

She continued, "anyways, we will be late to the meeting if this continues. Dark Choco Cookie, do me a favour and take Licorice and Poison Mushroom to the castle. Pomegranate, Crepe, Velvet and I will follow along soon."

The dark cookie, now dubbed Dark Choco Cookie, did as En requested and took the two cookies away. Crepe, Red Velvet and Pomegranate looked at her, "Now, you know the drill. Stay alert for anything suspicious around the castle alright?", she spoke. "Understood... I have a question", said Red Velvet, "I understand why you would have Licorice and Poison out but why Dark Choco?".

"Ah, the answer is simple. I don't trust Licorice to keep out of trouble without having Dark Choco Cookie around and you know how Poison Mushroom always seems to be by his side, I always tend to get a bit worried", she answered, "---and it is Poison Mushroom's first time attending the Conference Day meeting", En continued.

"So, you trust Dark Choco to keep them in check? I would have put Pomegranate Cookie in that position instead", Strawberry Crepe criticised.

"I would rather have to deal with you than them", replied Pomegranate Cookie in response. En simply chuckled at the cookie's response. "Time to catch up with the others", she said as she grimaced at the thought of facing him...

But alas, they stepped outside to head to the Vanilla Castle.

--------------------------------------------------------------

To Be Continued...