Chapter 1: To A Meeting Of Surprise

They walked along the paths, being mindful to ignore the stares and glares they were getting from the other passing cookies. Eventually they reached the gates to the Vanilla Castle.

They saw Licorice, Dark Choco and Poison Mushroom standing in front of the gate with two guards blocking the gate. "Hey, what's wrong?", Strawberry Crepe asked them, "The guards won't allow us entry... Again", Dark Choco answered with a deadpan while the others, except Poison Mushroom Cookie, cringed.

En sighed at the response, the life of a reformed villain was never meant to be easy, never will be. She walked up to the guards, "Excuse me, we have a meeting the ancients for Conference Day today so if you could let us pass, that would be much appreciated", she requested.

The guards considered her request and--- "Sorry but we're not falling for the same trick again", the second guard spoke.

"What happened last time at the Castle was an accident, I promise we are not here to cause more harm", En reasoned as she remembered the chaos that took place the last time she and the ancients attended the meeting, it did not help her image of being the kingdom's biggest enemy at the time. Definitely doesn't help now.

"Hah! As if we would--- OW!", the second guard smacked the other on the head. "Forgive his attitude, he still hasn't learnt to give second chances to other cookies", the first guard responded as they sighed, "Oh it's perfectly fine, I understand why cookies would choose to be distrustful of me and my wards", En spoke.

"I shan't keep you waiting any longer, you may enter", spoke the guard almost simultaneously as the gates opened. En bowed then went through the gate, followed by her wards who were standing there watching them converse.

"I wonder if those guys like shroomies...", Poison Mushroom randomly spoke up. "Ugh, what is with you and your 'shroomies'? Like geez we get that you like it", Strawberry Crepe whined.

"Crepe! Don't be so rude with your questions!", reprimanded Pomegranate Cookie. Licorice and En just chuckled in defeat, Dark Choco stayed stoic but it was clear he was slightly irritated, Red Velvet just massaged his forehead to stop soothe an approaching headache and Poison Mushroom... just stared.

"Ah, there you are. I was starting to think the guards had stopped you from entering", spoke a bright yellow cookie that smelled of vanilla. En semi-forced a smile and chuckled, "It gets... difficult sometimes", she replied as she shifted her eyes to a rather uninteresting detail carved into the Castle doors.

"Woah, who are you mister? Do you like shroomies?", asked Poison Mushroom, as he stared at the bright cookie. En, Pomegranate, Licorice and Dark Choco stood there, amused; not as much as Strawberry Crepe and Red Velvet? Why, he was the one freaking out about the question that the mushroom cookie asked.

Then came a soft chuckle from the cookie that they forgot about for a second. "Oh no no no, it's perfectly fine to ask me such random questions. And to answer your question, I'm Pure Vanilla Cookie and who might you be?", he answered.

"I'm Poison Mushroom Cookie!", he responded. "So do you like shroomies?", the child asked once more. "Hmm, I might be able to tell if you have me one", PV replied. Poison Mushroom then expectantly gave PV a shroomie. "I quite like this", PV said, after inspecting the mushroom the child gave him. "Yay!", Poison Mushroom responded.

Red Velvet looked relieved, "That could've been a disaster", he mumbled. "HA! For you! You should've seen your face, it was hilarious", Licorice responded to him, "Ugh! Let's just get going already", whined Crepe. Alas standing close to the two cookies you found the most irritating was a mistake that Red Velvet took note of so as to not make the same mistake again, he grumbled.

Pomegranate sighed, "Now now, no more taunting Licorice. You know that. And Crepe, please stop whining", she spoke. "I know", Licorice responded while Strawberry Crepe pouted. "Lets go in now, shall we?", En suggested, not wanting to drag this along any further. "Of course, follow me", Pure Vanilla answered.

They entered the castle halls, tall and magnificent with murals and colourful glass pane windows depicting many of the great and events that took place. As they walked down further, En couldn't couldn't help but notice a specific mural, perhaps the biggest mural yet depicting the defeat of... She looked away.

"And here we are, now the others are waiting inside. I'm sure you're somewhat nervous despite having done this a few times already but it'll be fine.", Pure Vanilla spoke before opening the door to the meeting room.

"Of course, I'm not forgetting you, little one", Pure Vanilla said, looking at Poison Mushroom. "I like you, Mister Vanilla", Poison Mushroom happily responded. Pure Vanilla chuckled at the response.

He then turned to open the door.

The room was big and had ample space, despite this it felt rather cozy in here.

"Ah, there you are En!", Called a loud and confident voice. "Still enthusiastic as ever, Hollyberry", En replied. "Haha! Being a little enthusiastic never hurt anyone", the berry based cookie answered.

"And who is this new little one among us today?", She asked. "This is Poison Mushroom Cookie", En answered, "Hi", Poison Mushroom waves happily at Hollyberry.

"Why, are we not forgetting someone?", Came a question from another cookie present in the room, the R(Reformed)COD turned to face the other cookie. "Oh, this is Affogato Cookie, Regent of The Dark Cacao Kingdom", Pure Vanilla introduced.

"Pure Vanilla, I appreciate the sentiment but perhaps I should've introduced myself", Affogato said. "I suppose it is a force of habit", he spoke in an embarrassed tone. "I'm confused, Regent? Has something happened to father?", Dark Choco questioned, worry evident under his stoic facade.

"We were hoping to disclose the news to you at today's meeting", answered Hollyberry, her expression turning serious. "Let's not delay the meeting any further now", suggested Affogato. The RCOD agreed.

"Let the Conference Day Meeting commence", and so the doors closed. Upon the doors, etched was the sigil of silence.