Chapter 1: A desire to change.

(This is a story about seeing and understanding Hunter and his memories. Most of these memories aren't very good ones, which are the main focus of this story. I am writing this as a way to express my own experiences, combined with my own thoughts, headcanons, and ideas.)

....So, Hexide. A young blond stepped onto the premises, his first day as a proper student. The only reason he didn't get put into a lower class was because he payed attention to the humans glyphs when they had met. And the only reason he was allowed to go to school, was because he had managed to convince his uncle, as long as he got information from the human and her friends. Obviously he wouldn't do anything to actually hurt them, not after meeting willow-and becoming her friend. Friend.. that still felt so strange to him, he didn't understand why that was, it just- did.

As the boy approached his locker, he heard a familiar voice. "Hunter?" ..As he turned around, he saw Willow Park, staring at him, with a look of surprise- confusion. "Oh, Willow." Responded Hunter, as he waved ever so slightly. Willow smiled. "What are you doing here? I thought you wouldn't come back until your next day off or something." She chuckled slightly as she said this, still confused on the matter. "Ah, well, i guess i just- come here now. I wanted to- uh, i wanted to stay. I had fun last time." Hunter scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "And uhm- sorry, about the whole, kidnapping you against your will thing. I was just—.. Desperate." He added, sighing. "Oh- Oh no, thats fine. You proved you weren't such a bad guy when you saved us- we, also had a lot of fun, for what its worth." Willow grinned. "And hey, now we all have plenty of time to get back at you for betraying us!" She jokes playfully, which made Hunter slightly nervous. "Eheh- yeah, well-" he started to speak, but was soon stopped when he noticed the human, Luz, and her girlfriend. He frowned upon seeing them walk closer, and without much warning, just walked away quickly, leaving willow standing there, confused. "Uhm- okay then, bye?" She waved a bit, before Luz greeted her with a hug.

"Hey, Willow! You'll never guess what we found in some junk pile on the beach yesterday!" Luz was beaming with excitement, as Amity would just watch, smiling. "Oh! What did you find?" Willow questioned, curious as to what kind of treasure they must have found. Luz pulled out what looked to be toys, and shirts- marketable ones. "We found a whole box of Good Witch Azura merch! Who would throw it away??" She showed off all their finds, as Amity giggled. "We found them washed ashore, likely leaked from the human realm like the books were."

"Thats- great? I don't see what you like about it, but I respect your likes and dislikes!" Willow respectfully smiled. Luz nodded. "Oh- by the way, who was that kid you were talking to? Is he new?" She pointed in the direction that Hunter had left. "Oh! Right, that was- uh, well- you know how we told you about Hunter being a nice guy?" Willow seemed unsure of if she should tell them, but it was obvious after she just said that. "That was Hunter?! Wow- how did i not see that?" Luz wondered, as Amity sighed in annoyance. "Great.." she frowned, recalling their fight back in Eclipse Lake.

....While they were all chatting, Hunter was watching from behind a corner. Mostly because he still wanted to talk to Willow, but partly because he did make a promise to gather information. He did feel uneasy, eavesdropping on people who he had no intention to hurt anymore. But he also felt strange to actually want to change, to be friends with them all. Willow had changed something in him at that derby match, and he was glad? Or angry? He wasn't quite sure just yet. Soon, the first bell had gone, and he headed to his class.

Once it was time for lunch to start, and he got some food, he decided on sitting down somewhere alone. Soon however, Willow called out to him. "Hey, Hunter! Why don't you come over and sit with us?" She asked, smiling and waving towards him. He frowned, looking at Luz and Amity, but stood up and approached them. He sat down nervously, avoiding any eye contact whatsoever, and trying not to speak much to try and keep it from being more awkward.

"So, Hunter.. you attend Hexide now?" Asked Luz, in an attempt to break the silence. Hunter nodded. "Mhm, i do." He responded, taking a bite of some of his food. Luz smiled awkwardly. "Thats- nice? Strange, but nice." She said, before eating her own food. Willow tried starting a few conversations, but they mostly flopped. Amity just seemed to ignore Hunter altogether.

When lunch soon finished, Amity approached Hunter. "Hey, you." She said sternly, stopping him. He looked at her, frowning as he responded. "Yeah..?"
"I don't trust that you've changed, bud. But if Luz trusts you, I'm willing to give you a chance. Okay?" Amity glared at him. "Uh- yeah, yeah. Got it. And- sorry about, what happened last time we met. You were right, i should have let you help me." Hunter replied, with a regretful look in his eyes. "It doesn't matter anyways- they key didn't work, it was broken, thanks to you." He smiled a bit, trying to make light of the situation. Amity sighed. "Yeah, thats what i was counting on. I guess I'll be seeing you around, or something." She began to walk off, leaving hunter there. He thought about saying more, but stopped himself. He didn't want to seem desperate, but really, he was. He strongly felt the need to be better, to be on the right side- but all his life, he was told never to disobey his uncle, the emperor.