Chapter 9~Truth or Dare

Strong arms wrapped around me. Max. I didn't do anything. Max brought me to blankets I'm assuming he laid out. I took of my sunglasses. Max smiled. I sat down. He sat down next to me. We sat on the beach for a while then went home.

"You should rest." Max said when we got in the house

I set my shoes by the door. We walked over to the couch. I set my phone on the table. Max sat down on the couch. I curled up next to him. He put his arm around my shoulders.I fell asleep quickly.

***********

I woke up still on the couch. Max wasn't next to me. I sat up. I grabbed my phone. There was a note on top of it.

At the beach. Come out when you read this.

I grabbed my rainbows and put them on. I stuck my phone in my back pocket. It was 6:30 pm. I found Max sitting in a circle with Mark, Connor, James and other people. I sat down next to him.

"Hey." Max said as I sat down

"T or D. You in?" Connor said

"Heck yeah." I said

"I will explain the rules because we have a new player. The rules are simple. Someone asks you t or d. If you don't want to spill or act, you drink or take off a clothing item." James said

"I'll go first!" a girl said

"Go then Jenny." James said

"Mark, t or d?" Jenny said

"T." Mark replied

"Who in this group do you crush on?" Jenny said

Mark hesitated. He bit his lip. He took a swig of his drink.

"James." Mark said

"D." James said

"I dare you to try and kiss Melissa." Mark said

"Try." I said laughing

James leaned over to me. I punched him in the jaw. Everyone started laughing. James walked back to his original place.

After a while, I was the only one who hadn't gone.

"Who hasn't gone?" Mark asked

"Melissa." everyone said

"I dare you to jump off the overlook." Mark said

Good thing I had my bathing suit on underneath my clothes. I took of my shorts and top. I put my sandals on the beach. I ran to the overlook. I stopped and stood about a foot away from the lip of the dock. Everyone ran to the shore. I gave a quick thumbs up before running off the overlook.