IX

[A few hours ago]
??? P.O.V.

"The girl likes him very much, but he doesn't like her back since he seems to like my human form.." I said as I looked at my nails.

"BUT IT ISN'T POSSIBLE! ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT YOU WON'T DO YOUR JOB? IF SO YOU'RE GOING TO GET EXPELLED FROM THIS JOB!" He replied in an angry tone..

After a few minutes of silence after He calmed down, He finally spoke up.

"I will wait for 8 days, if you can match them within 8 days then good, but if not then get ready for your punishment." he threatened.

"Yes lord, i will try my best and make sure to match them within the stipulated time you have given me" I replied.

[Back to present, 8:40 pm]
Third Person P.O.V

"Aeri.. I'm here..." Ni-ki spoke up.

Seeing Ni-ki, a ray of hope rose within herself.

"Hello there Riki, ah no, Ni-ki" Aeri quickly corrected herself and chuckled as if she wasn't crying her heart out a few minutes ago.

Riki could not help but spot her puffed eyes and dark circles under her eyebags.. He couldn't help but feel guilty.

"Why did you call me here at this time?" Riki asked.

"To clarify things out"

"What?"

"To clarify things out between you and me, I called you here" she sounded serious.

He replied with a hum.
"So.... do you have an idea what's wrong between you and me?" Aeri suddenly asked him
"No...." He replied in a confused tone.

"Oh, well then let me ask you this.. Do you like Eunha romantically? And if not what's the relationship between you and her?" Aeri asked confidentially.

"Why do you ask?"

"Please answer..." Aeri pleaded

"Well ok and yes i am romantically attracted to Eunha.. i dont know if she likes me back.. But i was thinking of confessing soon and also about our relationship,
we have been best friends after you left for Seoul and I've been liking her from the last three years..." Riki said a little shy.

Aeri gave him a weak smile because she didn't want to look rude. Her insides had shattered, all of her hope had disappeared.

She knew he wouldn't ever have feelings for her. She was fooling herself. It broke her, but yet, she managed to smile through the pain.

"Oh well..." She said in a really heartbroken tone.

"𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲?" Aeri questioned with the little hope she had left.

"𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁.. 𝗠𝗮𝘆𝗯𝗲 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘀𝗻𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗜 𝘀𝗮𝗶𝗱.. 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗮 𝗸𝗶𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀" he said and giggled at the last part.
But when he saw Aeri was in a serious mood he immediately stopped.

"Well... do you have any idea about my feelings? How I feel for you?"

Silence. Silence was his answer.

His heart started to thump a lot louder. He felt like the world was going to colapse.. She had feelings for him? He would never believe it but, he liked the idea of her liking him.
But when she spoke up again he came back to his senses.

"Well... I've been liking you since the day that I met you.. I thought we're gonna stay together forever... And yes I've been liking you since 8, that means I've been liking you for the last 8 years.

I want to spend my life in your arms. I wish to die in your arms. I love you Nishimura Riki.. I love you so much" she confessed but didn't realise that tears were already streaming down her face.

"I'm sorry I don't feel the same way..." He replied feeling guilty having to reject her.

"Well okay then, goodbye and have a great love life but don't forget I always have loved you, I do love you and I always will." She said with a smile even though tears were streaming down her face. And with that she started walking away..

But he felt something wrong in his heart. He felt as if all of these were lies. He wanted to run towards her, hug her and embrace her in his arms.. But she was already gone.

Little did they both know someone was satisfied with Riki's feelings and smirking as her plan finally started working.. She will soon have what she needs to do..

----------------